Special spark plug tool?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

rdfish1

I tried using 2 different sockets to remove the spark plugs on the 08 gtx 155 and the sockets won't fit down the hole...nothing is easy. The plug is dcpr8e and size is 5/8. Is a special plug removing socket needed?

I'm still feeling mild surging and was hoping the plugs would resolve the issue but I can't get them out.

Not sure about the socket,i believe i used my 16mm deep socket from HF. curious is it resolves your surging. It doesn't for me, i still get it from idle up to like 5k rpm. Mine is in a boat,so holding throttle steady is no problem and makes it much more noticeable.

I tried using 2 different sockets to remove the spark plugs on the 08 gtx 155 and the sockets won't fit down the hole...nothing is easy. The plug is dcpr8e and size is 5/8. Is a special plug removing socket needed?

I'm still feeling mild surging and was hoping the plugs would resolve the issue but I can't get them out.

Standard plug socket and a 12" extension w/ratchet is all I've ever used.

Pretty sure it has to be a 5/8 "spark plug socket" as red2blue stated a standard deep 5/8 won't fit down the hole.

It's always been a bit of a PITA for me too but I keep a extendable magnet beside me
as the socket inevitably loses the plug bringing it up. Don't know what else will work 100%

It's always been a bit of a PITA for me too but I keep a extendable magnet beside me
as the socket inevitably loses the plug bringing it up. Don't know what else will work 100%

A plug socket has a length of rubber hose inside to grip the ceramic post.

The rubber inside the socket does two things. Protects the porcelain top which is VERY easy to crack and holds the plug in place for removal and installation.

Last edited by a moderator:
However you do it try to refrain from dropping the plug back down the hole if you plan on reusing them. The ceramic is fragile.

From my Seadoo service manual :

5. Remove ignition coils.
6. Unscrew spark plugs.
7. Using ignition coil as a puller, remove spark plugs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back