Speakers cut out intermittently

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

briancayko

Hey all, my speakers are cutting out intermittently. Typically when hitting rough water, certain speakers will come in & out randomly Back & forth. They all do it @ at one point or another & there is no pattern to it. I’ve pulled all the speakers & tested them & they all work independently. There are no loose wires or broken connections at the wire harness where it enters the amp/unit so I have to figure it’s something internal. I have it pulled out now & am going to open it up & see if I see anything amiss. Anyone else have experience with a similar problem?

Last edited:
Hey all, my speakers are cutting out intermittently. Typically when hitting rough water, certain speakers will come in & out randomly Back & forth. They all do it @ at one point or another & there is no pattern to it. I’ve pulled all the speakers & tested them & they all work independently. There are no loose wires or broken connections at the wire harness where it enters the amp/unit so I have to figure it’s something internal. I have it pulled out now & am going to open it up & see if I see anything amiss. Anyone else have experience with a similar problem?

Same exact problem in our 2010 210 Challenger with the Jensen stereo. I thought it was the speakers and/or loose wires because of the random nature, bought new speakers (mine were rough anyway) and that didn't fix the problem. After the new speakers I did some more diagnosing... I could hit the radio 'brain box' located in the helm and recreate the issue. Bought a complete new stereo and that fixed the issue.

Thanks gb387, I have the same boat & yes if I smack the unit it does it too. Do you mind sharing what you replaced it with? Did you replace just the amp/radio unit in the helm or did you also need to get a new controller for the dash & remote for the swim deck?

I also had to smack to box in the helm to get the speakers to work on my challenger 210. I ended up replacing the box, the head unit ,and remote in the rear.

Here is a link to a discussion about replacing radios from back in 2016: RadioReplacement

Thanks gb387, I have the same boat & yes if I smack the unit it does it too. Do you mind sharing what you replaced it with? Did you replace just the amp/radio unit in the helm or did you also need to get a new controller for the dash & remote for the swim deck?

I found a new Jensen jms2212 on eBay. You will have to replace the rear wired remote and the wire to that remote. It's a new style connector and and I have been told it communicates differently with the main unit and won't work with any other radios. If you can't find that model, Google Jensen MA400 that's a newer version and I believe is still made.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back