spark plug gaps

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

ThreeD

Do I need to gap the NGK BR8ES plugs for my 2005 Doo or will they work right out of the box? Can't find anything about the gap size on these plugs for the 3d. Anyone?

OK so yes, they are supposed to be gapped to .020 to .024. The NGK BR8ES are gapped to .020 to .024 right out of the box, so NO need to adjust these if this the plug u are using and this is the gap you need. Thanks guys!

Last edited by a moderator:
I use these same plugs in my 2005 GTI with the 717 motor. I'm new to Seadoo's this year. The manual says to gap these at .018". That is one small gap! What is the result of going with a larger gap than the manual suggests, like .020 to .024" out of the box? I have ran my Seadoo about 15 hours this year on the new plugs, and it isn't starting as quickly as it did when the plugs were new. I just replaced the plugs and adjusted the gap to .018" again. So I'll see how it starts the next time out. Any idea on the importance of keeping the right gap, and does the smaller gap cause the plugs to foul quicker??

NEVER Trust a supposedly "Pre~gapped" Plug! I always Check them to make sure the plugs are to the specs! By the time they get shipped and thrown around, you never know what they will end up being, even with the hard cardboard boot on them....... My thoughts... as I have found plenty of them off from the Specs on my Cars, ETC.....V

I always check the gap on plugs, I put new ones in last week and out of the box they were almost DOUBLE what the manual called for.

The gap for your 787 RFi engine is .016" - .020". The new NGK BR8ES in the box are set to about .028"

Chester

If you have trouble starting your 3D - make sure to check your gap (.018). I slapped in new plugs gapped to .030" and mine wouldn't start - set to .018" and it fired up immediately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back