Spark Key Secuirty (alternates?)

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

xintersecty

Seadoo in their wisdom to save a buck (good for everybody) just uses a magnet to enable to the motor to start. Has anybody heard of a alternate security system that can be installed on the spark for real security?

Aftermarket?
Or Factory support DESS on the spark mod?

Good insurance?

Locks only keep honest people honest.

You can start nearly any boat from the $50k - $500k range with only a few tools...

Pull the 15 amp fuse, or install a keyed switch inline with magnetic switch.

Yep, my phone sent this...

Great suggestion. Truth is, if it's on the trailer (which no sea-doo is made to be stored in the water), they'll steal it BEFORE looking for keys. Best security is like SabrToothSqrl said...insurance. Also, the more resistance to grabbing the trailer, the less of a target it will be. Chains through the wheels and something like one of these make your rig much less appealing
41Q0vxAGvaL._SX300_.jpg

yea, i tried the chains / wheel thing.

Forgot I did that. drove maybe 10'. wheel snapped the chain like a straw.

no real protection at all.

As for your beefy looking trailer lock... give me two min with my $10 harbor freight grinder... poof. no lock.

lock the trailer, and keep it inside... and keep a heavy insurance policy on it.

When it comes to security of our toys, all you can really do is try.

And by "try" I mean make an honest effort so that when/if it/they are stolen, know that you tried.

This is the MAIN reason most of us have insurance. I will not own a home that I cannot put the toys in the garage. Mainly because I am anal about the condition of my toys. And,, so that I still have them if I want to ride them.. LOL

Back