Spare Key?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

ZRX Guy

Not sure if it's called DEES or something like that, but plain and simple, how and where do you get a new "key" made? And anyone have a guesstimate of the cost?

[MENTION=41828]Minnetonka4me[/MENTION] can help you.

(Edited by racerxxx, removed the extra @)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually, and I think Nick will probably agree, if you only need the lanyard programmed, you're probably better off going to the dealer.

Cost, between $65.00 and $100.00 including the new lanyard.

Lou

Added, actually the MPEM is programmed to the lanyard.

IMO I'd worry about getting a spare key when you lose the first one unless your dealer is close & cheap.

Otherwise, just don't lose it. You really don't need two, except for peace of mind, and your not going to copy the original like a door key, your going to be matching it with the computer so the original isn't needed.

The ECM gets its power by the MPEM which is di-rectly powered by the battery. It is responsible for the following engine management/electrical func- tions:
– interpreting information
– distributing information
– start/stop function
DESS (Digitally Encoded Security System)
– ignition timing control
– injection control
– The ECM applies the proper map (injection and ignition) for optimum engine operation in all con-ditions.
– engine RPM limiter
– etc.
The ECM features a permanent memory that will keep the programmed safety lanyard(s) active, fault
codes and other engine information, even when the battery is removed from the watercraft.

The ECM gets its power by the MPEM which is di-rectly powered by the battery. It is responsible for the following engine management/electrical func- tions:
– interpreting information
– distributing information
– start/stop function
DESS (Digitally Encoded Security System)
– ignition timing control
– injection control
– The ECM applies the proper map (injection and ignition) for optimum engine operation in all con-ditions.
– engine RPM limiter
– etc.
The ECM features a permanent memory that will keep the programmed safety lanyard(s) active, fault
codes and other engine information, even when the battery is removed from the watercraft.

hey ! can you clear your inbox... ?
I'm in need of some local help up there in Pensacola.... happen to notice you were there...

I'm to anal not to have a spare... My concern is, when you NEED the spare, that is when it is a very big issue if you do not have one.

In my case, I have a full speed and beginner key.

Im nervous every time I take my ski out without a spare. Especially since my main and only key is an sbt special... I always say, better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it...

i'm under the impression that with the candoo, you can reprogram the learners key as a regular key which is cool as long as you dont plan on having beginners ride your ski:) you can always reprogram it as a learners key.

i'm under the impression that with the candoo, you can reprogram the learners key as a regular key which is cool as long as you dont plan on having beginners ride your ski:) you can always reprogram it as a learners key.

Yep,, the Candoo can program it any way you want. Next time i hook mine up I am going to make all my keys fit all my skis. This way, no matter what I grab it is good to go...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back