South oz skiers aren't well liked by some.

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

shucky

Here in Adelaide south aus, it seems us skiers are not very well liked all due to select few what I'll call idiots, the council of Charles stuart is trying to keep all skies and now boats from coming within 200 meters of the beaches, they have put in an exclusion zone to be tried out a while back, at first mainly for the jet skiers now they have changed their rule and included boats as well ( prolly due to discrimination basically). The council are now trying to get this 200 meter zone all the way down the coast line, whats this mean for us? well Say you're out on the waters for a family fun filled day, your family is waiting for you to arrive from your launching point to the beach point that has been picked out, well guess what, they'll have to swim that 200 meters to come out and meet you because someone don't want skies anywhere close to the beaches. So as a stance a petition has been created to hopefully disregard these zones. It can be found here.
http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/the-adelaide-jet-ski-community-says-no.html
there is a bit more of a write up on a facebook page called Adelaide responsible PWC users.
Cheers.

I will admit that I have never been to Australia, but it's on my bucket list.

I have seen this done here in the US and in the Caribbean you might want to propose this to the city council. Other places have cordoned off a section of the beach, marked by buoys designated for motorized watercraft. This seems to me a reasonable compromise, as it protects the swimmers outside the marked area and gives a place for boat and PWC's to pickup and drop off passengers.

Lou

That's been suggested Lou, they just don't want any part of compromise, one of the council members came on the news interview the other day and said ( having these water craft around is like having a motor bike running up and down in front of your house all day). I'm pretty sure it's just a load of ole foogies that have nothing better to do then complain as they see people having fum times on the water with or without the family. Our concern is if they actually get this ban approved it'll come right down the coast line as they are saying now., awhile back skies was banned from most of the murry river due to erosion of the banks however speed boats, wake boards and such had no contribution to this so called erosion of the banks. Just wonder how one works that out.

Back