Sooooo, what are the odds....

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

dmiles

What are the odds that this is anywhere near real. One picture from a parking lot, no registration number, about 1K in extras listed. They may as well throw in a brand new unicorn as well.

https://norfolk.craigslist.org/boa/6202735052.html

My real question would be that why do people pull this kind of crap on Craigslist? What's the scam? Anyone have any idea? I see another one listed in my area with even a more ridiculous price, but a quick Google search of that number reveals that the area code comes up as notorious for phone scams. At least the one in this ad is a real number. I just don't get the point I guess.

It got flagged for removal, imagine that. I'm guessing they try to do the same thing scammers do on car ads. They try to convince you to take a cashier's check for some ridiculous sum, ask you to refund the difference but keep say $500-1000 for yourself for helping them out with this overpayment. And of course, their agent will bring whatever unicorn was in the ad straight to your driveway. I can't imagine how anyone falls for it.

it blows me away that they still try, but then again, there are people who get calls from the "IRS" that says you need to go buy a bunch of pre-paid visa's to pay your back taxes and friggen idiots do it. I guess if you asked some career criminals why this is done and if people are REALLY that stupid the answer will be "you have no idea"

Back