Sometimes you get exactly what you paid for.

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

LouDoo

Premium Member
Premium Member
I've been down the road with batteries, last year I bought a MagnaPower AGM from AutoZone, it lasted one season. So this year I decided to try another brand, so I purchased one on line from Advance. What a mistake, I went to the store I thought I ordered it from, turned out it was the wrong store (my mistake), so I went all the way across town to the correct store. He gave the wrong battery, a T-16, I ordered a T-16L, I called the store and he said to bring it back. I took it back the next morning, guess what; they didn't have a 16L in stock, so they sent me to another store, the battery they had was not the one I ordered, it was made in China, so I got a refund, the only problem the store across town has my core.

So, I just said to myself, "the hell with it", went to BatteriesPlus, bought a Duracell AGM with a 2 year full replacement warranty, the Advance battery had a 90 day warranty. Paid about 20.00 more 10.00 because I didn't have a core. So we'll see how this battery does, I figure with the 2 year replacement warranty I should get at least two seasons.

BTW, the El Cheapo battery I bought at Amazon, a Delco, I put in the other ski is doing great.

Lou

LouDoo, I just bought one of the Duracell AGM"s from B+. Cost more than a Interstate wet, but at least US made. We'll see <keeping fingers crossed> :)

I have noticed advance auto parts doing that more and more. I order the same fuel filter for my truck from them for the last 3 years. Every 5k miles, the last time I ordered one I got a plastic hunk of junk that was half the size of the normal one I get. Same part number and price. Very disappointing

Last edited by a moderator:
I've purchased two Duracel's from B+ in the last 4 months, one for a personal ski, one for a friend, main reason for making the choice was the warranty benefit.

I'll let you know in 24 months how I feel about it :)

I put one of the Duracell AGM batteries in my Polaris RZR last year... and I'm happy. Just like my skis... it will sit. But when I needed it to start in the middle of winter to plow the driveway... it did it without a prob. Not to mention... it has to run the winch for the plow. (So I beat up the battery in that)

It's my new favorite battery, since the Yuasa stuff can come from other places, other than Japan now. (The Chinese, and Thailand batteries suck)

Has anyone tried the new Battery Tender Lithium battery?
It is a little pricey ($150) but has a 3 year warranty (pro rated).
It is smaller and weighs mere ounces, rated at 360 CCA.
I just got one but have not finished putting the ski back together to see how it does.

http://www.batterytender.com/Batteries/

Has anyone tried the new Battery Tender Lithium battery?
It is a little pricey ($150) but has a 3 year warranty (pro rated).
It is smaller and weighs mere ounces, rated at 360 CCA.
I just got one but have not finished putting the ski back together to see how it does.

http://www.batterytender.com/Batteries/

I hadn't even heard of these until just now. But the 360CCA is $230. The $150 is actually 240CCA. Let us know how that holds up!

[MENTION=74959]Seadoodoc[/MENTION] is using the lithium ones

96 XP800!
Keep the 2 strokes alive!

With the crazyness of the rectifier in these skis Lithium seems like a BAD idea unless you want a better than 50 percent chance of burning your ski up.

Personally I'm done with Advance Auto, it you want a quality part go with OEM, NAPA, or CarQuest. Like the title says, you get what you pay for.

Lou

I got a basic Walmart battery this season. I'll probably be replacing two seasons out.. I'll keep them tendered.

I hadn't even heard of these until just now. But the 360CCA is $230. The $150 is actually 240CCA. Let us know how that holds up!

That is the listed price, they are $150 on Amazon and EBay. Mine has 360 CCA marked right on the front.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Battery-Ten...H_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item33a488e888&vxp=mtr

With the crazyness of the rectifier in these skis Lithium seems like a BAD idea unless you want a better than 50 percent chance of burning your ski up.

I am not an electrical engineer, why would a Lithium battery hurt the rectifier?

Lou, Hope you have good luck with the new batteries from Batteries Plus.
I currently have batteries from O'Reilly's and have had really good luck with them so far. (knock on wood) I forget their brand name, but they have been really good in the DI skis. Two and three seasons so far. Hopefully that is the general rule with these batteries and not the exception.

Personally I'm done with Advance Auto, it you want a quality part go with OEM, NAPA, or CarQuest. Like the title says, you get what you pay for.

Lou

Lou,
Keep an eye on Car Quest. The were bought out by Advanced Autoparts and for now are remaining the "premium" brand and more towards the commercial / wholesale market. They are already changing their premium "blue" filters from Wix to Baldwin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back