something diferent with the stereo head unit... ?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

cd619

I purchased a Utopia 205 with a bad stereo head unit. I am sure that all of our music will come from either an ipod, or (mostly) streaming off of a phone. Has anyone just removed the entire stereo head unit and replaced it with something that holds a phone and some sort of volume controller?

Any head unit should be fine. Check with a stereo shop, or best buy. Most units have line in, Aux in, USB and Bluetooth. Any work just fine. The older docking style head units I would avoid as cell phones change quicker than you will change the head unit.

Good luck.

PS: We use a standard iphone lightning cable from the usb port on front of the stereo for best audio quality, and it keeps the phone charged. We use the Alpine waterproof remote so we don't even have to touch the phone or head unit to change volume, tracks or skip in pandora.

Good luck!

Now you can just buy an amp with Bluetooth connectivity and you don't even need a head unit. Use Bluetooth or connect a headphone cord with RCAs to the amp inputs if your iPod doesn't have BT.

Now you can just buy an amp with Bluetooth connectivity and you don't even need a head unit. Use Bluetooth or connect a headphone cord with RCAs to the amp inputs if your iPod doesn't have BT.

Could you please link to an ampnlike what you’re talking about here. I haven’t seen anything like that before. Tia.

How many speakers do you have and do you know what wattage they are rated at?

This is only a 2 channel if you've got 2 speakers.
Pyle Hydra Series 2-ch 600-watt Bluetooth Water-resistant Marine Amp PLMRMBT5S | eBay

This is a 4 channel if u have 4 speakers: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00TZOAR6E/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_eLDDAb7AVW1A5

Audio is like anything else, these should work for the average person. If you want the best/loudest/clearest sound you can easily spend a grand or more. There are also tons of options inbetween, just search marine Bluetooth amp.

Nice! Thank you for that info. I have a 2010 challenger 210 se and it has the four speaker stock jensen system. I’ve considered an audio upgrade as my current head units power amp sporadically cuts out to different speakers randomly but I’ve looked at Running the power cable upfront to mount some amps and it seems like a pretty difficult cable run. I’m not looking for a massive system, but I have considered adding a second battery and doing some modest upgrades. I have experience with car audio so I’m comfortable doing that stuff myself, however working with fiberglass is new to me. Again thanks for your help.

If you are getting cutouts, there are many times voltage protection built into head units and amps. I doubt the stocker has this, but it's possible. If you are running off the cranking battery, there is a good chance that when voltage drops, the head unit or amp will shut down certain channels. It can be random.

Our system is run of a second deep cycle battery. When the tower speakers don't fire up, or the sub doesn't come on, I know that the Alpine voltage protection is keeping them from lighting up. They are on separate amps. Then I know it's time to fire up the engine and go tubing, or be sure to put on the charger once back at the dock.

It's possible.

Thanks for sharing your experience. In my case it happens when the boat is running as well & is consistent with hitting chop chop when it decides to change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back