Some 3d Specs

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

RugDog

I bought my 04 new. Yet I never looked at the spec. Kinda interesting. I was curious about top speed. Which seems to be about 51mph, that's respectable I suppose.

Specifications
Sea-Doo 3D Specifications
Length Overall 8' 11'' Dry Weight 589 lbs.
Beam 3' 8'' Fuel Cap 8.5 gal.
Specs

At 107 inches in length and a beam of 44 inches, the 3D is a compact package. Morphed into its Kart persona, the 3D could limbo - it is a mere 37 3/4" tall. The only difference in weight between all three configurations is the 14 pounds that comes with the addition of the bucket seat for Karting. As such, the 3D is 603 pounds and in either Moto or Vert the scales tipped at 589. In any style, the 3D is for the solo rider.

Total fuel capacity is 8.5 gallons with 1.3 of them in reserve. The 2 cycle oil reservoir has a capacity of one gallon.

Performance

On a steamy South Florida afternoon with light winds and minimal chop the 3D achieved a top speed of 52 MPH carrying 9/10 of a tank of fuel. Of course, to maintain that, the 3D would need 9.5 gallons per hour (GPH) as a burn rate. Cruising along at half throttle the burn rate is diminished by half as well: nearly 38.5 MPH at 5.5 GPH.

While not exactly blistering, the Sea-Doo 3D turned in respectable numbers for our time to plane and 0-30 MPH tests. With an average of 1.75 seconds to plane, an additional 1.55 ticks of the stopwatch put this PWC at 30 MPH.

As with the other Sea-Doo watercraft, the ignition system is controlled through the Digitally Encoded Security System (D.E.S.S.). This is an ingenious idea that allows one owner to keep the "keys" to up to 8 Sea-Doo vessels with common encoding.

Young adults will be thankful for a transformable 3D and its cost effectiveness (under $7000.00), and experienced riders will appreciate its diversity as well. Oh, and you can leave the funny glasses at the movie theater!

Sea-Doo 3D Test Result Highlights
Top speed for the Sea-Doo 3D is 51.8 mph (83.4 kph), burning 9.5 gallons per hour (gph) or 35.96 liters per hour (lph).

Best cruise for the Sea-Doo 3D is 38.4 mph (61.8 kph), and the boat gets 6.97 miles per gallon (mpg) or 2.96 kilometers per liter (kpl), giving the boat a cruising range of 53 miles (85.3 kilometers).

Tested power is 1 x 110hp Rotax.

Time to plane for the Sea-Doo 3D is 1.8 secs seconds.

Time from 0 to 30 of the Sea-Doo 3D is 2.2 secs seconds.

From: http://www.boattest.com/boats/boat_video.aspx?ID=731

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back