Solas impeller on stock seadoo spx...worth it??

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys.

Just a quick question. Im looking at replacing the wear ring on my 96 spx..stock 720 motor. Would there be any benefit to the performance of the ski with an aftermarket impeller...even though the motor is stock?
Any input or suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks!

Yes you can see some benefit. You will likely feel a difference especially if you ride it a lot. There is not too much more to get on the wide open side of things but if you give up a mph or two by using an impeller with less pitch then it gains a lot of bottom end which is good for wave jumping and pulling harder on it's way to wide open throttle. The right impeller can add a little performance on both ends.

List price is way too high on those things. If you decide you want one I could sell you a nice one for $120 shipped just for reference.

Yes you can see some benefit. You will likely feel a difference especially if you ride it a lot. There is not too much more to get on the wide open side of things but if you give up a mph or two by using an impeller with less pitch then it gains a lot of bottom end which is good for wave jumping and pulling harder on it's way to wide open throttle. The right impeller can add a little performance on both ends.

List price is way too high on those things. If you decide you want one I could sell you a nice one for $120 shipped just for reference.

Thanks for the reply. Thats all im looking for, a little bit more of performance on acceleration and top speed (hopefully).
It looks like my 3 options are either the Solas SD-CD 14/22 or the skat-trak 16/21 swirl or the 15/20 slim line.
Any recommendations on what one would be my best choice. Thanks.

Keep in mind that seadoo was very good at selecting the proper impeller for their skis and there isn't that much to gain. As Matt said you might not notice any difference if your ski is stock.

Keep in mind that seadoo was very good at selecting the proper impeller for their skis and there isn't that much to gain. As Matt said you might not notice any difference if your ski is stock.

Never really thought about it that way.
Thanks. Maybe i will just stick to replacing the wear ring and if i need an impeller, just replace it with an oem one.

A worn wear ring makes a huge difference. If your impeller has some dents and dings I would recommend Skat-Trak for refurbishment. The do an amazing job and will restore it to OEM spec.

The prop on the SPI was probably a good candidate for a refurb. It was dinged up for sure. What do they charge and how long do they take to get the prop back?

Depending on the damage the price can vary. All mine were about $100. I s in California with Scat and I have gotten them back in my hands in two days.

My personal experience, way to go with skat trak swirl 16/21 for better acceleration and jump wave

Matt Braley sent me over a few props to try. Contact him... his prices are great and he has the options.

on the same topic I have a 97 challenger. sucked up a rope last weekend. Now I need a new impeller and wear ring. any suggestions on this model?
I replaced the motor last year. It was running great, how ever im a bigger guy, so the 787 is struggling a bit to get me on plane. I would give up some top end to get out of the hole quicker.
Thanks for any help

on the same topic I have a 97 challenger. sucked up a rope last weekend. Now I need a new impeller and wear ring. any suggestions on this model?
I replaced the motor last year. It was running great, how ever im a bigger guy, so the 787 is struggling a bit to get me on plane. I would give up some top end to get out of the hole quicker.
Thanks for any help
What kinda RPM are you seeing top end ?? If I can trust both of my instruments, they agree I am getting 6530. Trying to figure out the problem with mine. the other GTX gets 7K RPM.

I was seeing a solid 7K. once I removed the strap rope or what ever. I didn't want to push it, incase of causing more problems. there was still issues on test after impeller digging in wear ring I assume.

You said challenger, is that a Boat ?? As I stated... get in touch with Matt Braley. He is good people. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back