Sodium filled exhaust valves?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm looking at getting a 2004 RXP and a 2005 RXT, but reading about them I heard about this sodium filled exhaust valve and I'm wondering what this is, and what affect it has had or will have on the ski. Thanks

40 years ago Ford used sodium filled valves on some hot rod engines. Supposed to make them lighter and give them faster heat transfer. Also made them less reliable than the lower performance solid valves.

I'm interested to hear what people say with respect to Sea Doo

40 years ago Ford used sodium filled valves on some hot rod engines. Supposed to make them lighter and give them faster heat transfer. Also made them less reliable than the lower performance solid valves.

I'm interested to hear what people say with respect to Sea Doo

I am also very interested to see what people say

I have 2 2016 RXPX 300 that the same valve on the middle cylinder broke off and DISTROYED the entire engine!! 50 hours on each of them!!

Very few failed. Mine haven't. Not all had the valves.
Keep up the post riding service - flush with fresh water with the engine running. Spray SeaDoo preserve oil into the cylinders at end of season. Etc.

Ok,, here are the details.
The Sodium valve was used from 03 to mid 06 on al the 4-tec engines. They are welded together and can fail at the weld. When they do, it causes MAJOR damage. It can cost 4 grand to repair it.

In the 155 engines they almost never fail. Only a slight increase if they are used in salt water. With the SC engines that are in salt water they have the highest failure rate. The boats almost never fail no matter where they are used for the mere fact that you can't run the engine(s) like you do in a ski.

It costs about $50 a valve. If you pay someone to do the job it will be right around $400.

Change them out they do break if you break a valve you will need a new engine.i bought new solid valves and taped them in my self cost around 450.00 but one thing I don't have to worry about no more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back