Smoke and Idle at 1,500-1,750 at tachometer...

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

rsatina2002

Hi another question for you to help... I just acquired my boat last july, rebuild the ECU, new fuel pump, new temp sensor port side, new plugs, new oil, treated with 1 gallon of sea foam on fuel of 25 gallons... starts easily hot or cold.... idle is always at 1,500-1,750 rpm even before treatment with sea foam.. just notice a smoke with strong gas smell at 2,500 -3,000 rpm..... my 40 gallons of fuel only runs about 7 hours... with mostly at 2,500-3,000 rpm at harbor area... any ideas if i have a stator problem of fuel pump because of a strong smell from the exhaust... normal fuel pump psi at 34, cylinder head psi is normal... please give me an input and its highly appreciated...

SeaFoam does nothing for a 2-stroke other than destroy it. DO NOT USE IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The high RPM could be an air leak. I would check over all the bleed hoses. I find them cracked and broken in a lot of older engines. Also... make sure that the throttle links are returning all the way, and that you have the correct ignition timing at idle.

As far as full usage... sounds right. That engine can drink upward of 23 gal/hr at full power. And the smoke is kind of normal on a 2-stroke. Just make sure the oil pump arm is set proper in the idle position.

Thanks Dr. Honda, definitely not using sea foam again and I didn't use it anymore and still I have a smoke and smell really strong even the engine is hot.... I probably think there is some broken hoses on the boat since it is pretty old engine.... Thank you so much again...

Hello Dr. Honda, any particular bleed system, I still can't find why the idle is high RPMs, any tests for the bleeding system, I check the hose, looks like everything is ok... Please let me know if I can adjust my idle RPM manually. Thank you very much Dr. Honda...

Just check all the small rubber hoses on the engine.

If you don't find anything wrong... yes, you can drop the idle a little. There is an adjustment on the linkage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back