Smith Mountain Lake Ride - July 21-23

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ankeneyou

A few of us decided to do a last minute group ride at Smith Mountian Lake in Virginia next weekend. So far it's myself, [MENTION=80378]Jasonv[/MENTION], and [MENTION=82130]snikwad003[/MENTION].

I'm planning on arriving Friday afternoon and stay through Sunday afternoon. Come and hang out if you are close, this will be a mix of 2 and 4 strokes since a few of us just got new skis.

There is a campground and hotel right in the area we are staying.
http://www.halesfordharbour.com/

Pic from today:
239.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Tagging a few guys from the Norman ride last year since it's not too far from them.
[MENTION=59515]suke[/MENTION] [MENTION=52309]MPower[/MENTION] [MENTION=78445]kawasaki00[/MENTION] [MENTION=69521]soccerdad[/MENTION] [MENTION=33499]WhiskeyD[/MENTION]

I had lunch with mpower this week and talked about this. Sadly I head outta town the 21st for work.

Wow Perfect timing. We move into a house at SML for the week on Saturday, 7/22! That is a great location. North of the bridge is awesome riding. We are staying about 10 minutes by boat south of the bridge. Main channel north of the state park so it should be easy to meet up with you. I will have my boat and the GTX and GSX. Jakes Place is a great place to eat, right where you are staying. I'll post a map of my place soon. Maybe we can host a cookout.

Wish I could make it but I forgot i had plans for this weekend. Hope to see some pics of good air!

We might have a wake boat lined up for some jumping action

Good that way you can carry the big flat screen TV in your boat. There's gonna be guys on they're couches out there. :lols:

Seriously though, sad I'm going to miss this one. Hope you guys have fun.

Good that way you can carry the big flat screen TV in your boat. There's gonna be guys on they're couches out there. [emoji38]s:

Come on Matt, you mean you can't make it with 5 days notice? Lol.

And we've got you covered...
249.jpg

Not looking like I will be able to make it. Have family coming to Gaston and I need to hang around.

The current plan is we will get there Sat AM and put the boat and skis in. Then my son and I will come find you on skis maybe around 1 or so. Depending on when lunch is and your plans. Then we can ride for a while until our move in at 4. Any thoughts where you guys are going? The big lower lake may get rough on Saturday afternoon, but that may be good for wakes. I like above the bridge or back in side coves for smoother water on weekends. But we are open to anything.

Good that way you can carry the big flat screen TV in your boat. There's gonna be guys on they're couches out there. :lols:

Loading soon. Leaving first thing in the morning. Only a two hour drive. Hot here today so a lake will be nice. SML on the weekend can get choppy (big waves...) in the busy areas. So a couch is actually nice. But there are tons of coves with quiet water begging to be torn up by the smaller skis!

I got here at 7 am this morning and working 3/4 day here while waiting on everyone.

Pup and I slept 2 hours at a rest stop. I only have one ski since I let a friend borrow the truck.
277.jpg

Missed it by that much.....(that's a Maxwell Smart line from the TV show Get Smart, which I imagine none of you are old enough to have ever heard of).

I just drove 4 hours across the state LAST WEEKEND to buy my 99 Challenger 1800, which was DOCKED AT THAT LAKE!

If it had only been this weekend, I would have camped out, and stayed for Sunday as well. Imagine all the expertise I could have taken advantage of in checking this boat! No way I can make the trip this weekend, but hopefully another time. It's a great place!

Missed it by that much.....(that's a Maxwell Smart line from the TV show Get Smart, which I imagine none of you are old enough to have ever heard of).

I just drove 4 hours across the state LAST WEEKEND to buy my 99 Challenger 1800, which was DOCKED AT THAT LAKE!

If it had only been this weekend, I would have camped out, and stayed for Sunday as well. Imagine all the expertise I could have taken advantage of in checking this boat! No way I can make the trip this weekend, but hopefully another time. It's a great place!
Ah, too bad. I've even got my programmer with me so could have checked the boat and programmed keys for you. There are usually a few a year and we haven't planned a fall ride yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back