Slow tunring right

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

westislandguy

Hello everyone, i'm currently planning my 2020 upgrades, repairs and prep work on my 2010 Challenger 230.

one problem i have is it's slow to turn right. i am suspecting a steering cable problem. Second problem is the boat tends to go left and we have to keep the steering wheel slightly turned to go straight. would the steering cable again be the cause and is there a tool to align it?

thanks

A lot of times the steering issues you mention are caused by current, wind, or the way the boat is loaded (aside from legit steering issues).

Have you tried checking the movement of the nozzle? It should max out evenly in each direction. If that is OK, then your cable should be fine.

Have you checked the alignment of the 2 nozzles (using a straight edge). With the steering wheel centered, where are the nozzles (straight or turned to one side)?

yes i have verified the movement of the nozzles, but didn't use a straight edge.i will next time i go see the boat. its currently in storage for winter. going soon to prep it for a new seadek floor

thanks for replying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back