slow response at low speeds on GTX 951

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

flamewild

I have a 2000 GTX 951 with carbs. The engine purrs like a kitten at idle at 3000 out of the water and 1300 in the water. The problem is when I try to take off. I have to jiggle the throttle to keep it from shutting off. Once passed this spot, the engine runs like a dream and really has a lot of power and top end. At idle there is a little shimmy and small ticking noise that is not noticed any other time. Like I said the ski idles and runs awesome at top end and in between, it just has a problem getting passed that certain spot right out of idle. Also, it is very difficult to start after sitting for a week. I have to choke and choke to get it started. Once started, it's fine. Any suggestions?

Welcome.

Well....... one of 3 things is wrong.

1) you've had a couple back-fires and plugged up the transition ports in the carbs.

---OR----

2) the check valve on the high cuircut is leaking.

----OR-----

3) your pop-off pressure is a little too high. (did someone do a rebuild on the carbs, or did you install an aftermarket air filter?)

Either way... take the carbs apart, and clean them with spray carb cleaner, and compressed air. AND... get a visual confirmation that all the transition ports are clean and clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back