Ski pylon strength

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cochrane

I have a 2019 GTX 230. I added the ski module so that I could slalom ski behind it. It works great! However today while skiing the ski pylon broke. It is under warranty and I am going to get it replaced but I am concerned that the pylon cannot handle a slalom skier. I am told that when I cut back and forth across the wake the pylon is bending and today it finally snapped. Has anyone skied with the pylon for a significant amount of time and not had any issues with the pylon breaking?

Sounds like a quality part. Who would have thought you couldn't ski with the "Ski Pylon" accessory.

Exactly what I was saying in another post, newer skis seem to have a quality issue. Let us know if it was the part of a design flaw.

Got a new pylon under warranty, have skied with it twice no problems yet. Dealer says he has not heard of any problems with the pylon, time will tell hope the first one breaking was just a fluke.

The ski pylon sits right behind the seat and rises up just above the seat, you can take it on and off. It is an option and does not come with the ski.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back