Ski hard to plane

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Travlash

Hey guys i have a 1998 tigershark 770. It’s been running decent all summer but now has an issue. Ski starts right up. I start to pull the throttle and the skis start moving to get on a plane. Although right before the point of the ski getting into a plane, the ski just revs all the way up to rev limiter without moving forward faster. If i work the throttle just right and get it going, the ski will plane out and go full speed and is fine. Just looking at the clearance of the prop to the wear ring looks fine. Nice tight clearance. Also turned the shaft and both the prop and the engine spun over. I’m so baffled by this because the ski revs up all the ya and has power but just won’t move unless i hit the throttle just right.
Any input would be awesome!

First get rid of the Tigershark. Just kidding.
Not familiar with the Tigershark specific issues but check the usual suspects....driveshaft couplers, driveshaft seal, pump seal, impeller and wear ring. Sounds like you are getting cavitation from somewhere.

First get rid of the Tigershark. Just kidding.
Not familiar with the Tigershark specific issues but check the usual suspects....driveshaft couplers, driveshaft seal, pump seal, impeller and wear ring. Sounds like you are getting cavitation from somewhere.

So I’m pretty sure i found what the issue is. The Tigersharks have a wear ring housing, that is between the pump and the hull. The gasket between the hull and the wear ring housing unit is basically non existent on the bottom half of the assembly. So i have to pull it and re seal the whole thing. Hopefully that will stop the cavitation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back