Single chirp? And a few more questions... "chirp" "lean" "air filter" "challenger 180"

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

RELENTLESS

Seadoo challenger 180 2008
When I put there's dess key in I get a single chirp and the start stop does nothing. Remove and reattach the key a few times, it works. Not a long beep but a single one chirp. I recently changed my starter solenoid because it was failing just in case this comes up. Could it be the key, I just ordered a new one since I have a candoopro I can program it. Any help greatly appreciated.. Can't find anything on a single chirp. Also... My challenger runs lean at 5100 to 5300 rpm... I hear that popping sound in the exhaust. It was worse but since it started.. I changed my fuel pressure pump and regulator... Was told that was it... It did get better because it use to be constant at anything under 6000 rpm. Anyone have advice.. Just ordered new spark plugs and changed my oil pressure switch as well as putting a new air filter... Last anyone with any insight on this air filter.. Its just a cone but stainless.

Stainless steel Cone Filter, 3" Inlet , Silver

autobahn88
3.8 out of 5 stars 5Reviews
Autobahn88 Universal Stainless steel 3" (76mm) Inlet High Flow Air Intake Cone Filter, Oil-Free, Silver
just_heart_save._CB465530200_.svg

Size:
Stainless steel Cone Filter, 3" Inlet

23 Colors:
Silver
41rwosL50XL._QL92_SH45_SS34_.jpg

$ 14 70

& Free Shipping

For the key, it could rather be the DESS post that is failing. Have you checked the inside of your key for the presence of metallic clinker? If yes, clean it.

One more question: where do you connect your CanDoo? On the DESS lanyard (older models) or to a dedicated port (usually close to the battery)? I am asking because if your CanDoo is connecting to the DESS post and that it is reading your machine instantly, it is most likely not a DESS port issue (per deduction).

However, if you programmed the key with your CanDoo then it could be a key issue.

I believe single chirp (probably a longer one?) means that you key is not recognized by the computer. If you play with it and then it works it would be a strong indication that your DESS post is failing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back