Simple question (about Sea Doo covers)

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

benjilafouine

Can I tow my Sea-Doo behind my car with its cover on or I risk losing it? Those new tight covers look pretty solid to me (contrary to my old generic 2-stroke cover).

OEM covers are trailerable as long as you lock down the side straps. I won't go for an 90mph trip into 20mph head winds though....

I tow both mine without the straps attached to anything they don't flap and have never started to come off. I've done it on the highway 70-75mph but my typical drive is 10 minutes under 50mph. I just make sure it is tucked under the lip all the way around and it stays fitted snugly. Mine are sparks though, they have a lip around the whole hull where top meets bottom. May be different for other machines.

Everyone I have seen that towed with a cover ended up scuffing the paint and/or plastic.

Ah. This is a good point. Things went well for me yesterday I believe but I will inspect the ski more closely tomorrow. Thanks for the tip. But I was mainly on slower roads and did not drive more than 90 minutes round trip.

By the way, my cover has some kind of air vents on each side towards the front. I was watching constantly on my back mirror yesterday and never saw some kind of flapping in the wind. My ski was also spotless clean so I believe an issue would have caught my eye but I will triple check tomorrow and report back.

I wanted to make sure the dealer didn't think I had mistreated my ski and this is why it was almost showroom clean (just as my 2003).

I have bought the cover for my seadoo when I bought the machine in 2005. It fits snugly and with the clips holds well. I have driven it on the highway at 120km/h+ for 2 hours + and have had no issues. I never thought of it flying off.. and luckily for me it never has. Never had any scuffing either. The vents seem to bloat it out but it works fine.

Just as an aside, I DID however, have rocks fly up from other cars and the cover saved me a few chips from that.

I have two GTI’s and Drive with mine on all the time around 75 mph. There are clips in the middle in both sides that need to be secured to under the rub rail I have had no scratching of the skis and they have never come off. One annoyance though is that the vent has to be the stupidest design I have ever seen let’s rain water right into the foot well.

I know that the original post is creeping up on a year old. I've got SeaDoo covers for a 2017 GTI and a 2018 GTR and I've pulled them at 80mph for hundreds of miles behind my truck and have had no issues. The Only time I've had problems was when they were pulled behind my parents Lincoln SUV (while I was pulling a boat) and the covers kept working themselves loose on the back edge. I have no idea why other than bad aerodynamics. I think they're trailer hitch was too high and the trailer wasn't riding close enough to level.
20190520_163336-jpg.40714

Attachments

• 20190520_163336.jpg
    20190520_163336.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 32
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back