Should the motor turn without the key?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

ohsixRXT

just got this old 88 seadoo xp and i was wondering if the motor is suppose to turn with out the key on there, the guy before me has wired up all kinds of crap and im wondering if i should rewire it all. thanks

Wrong.

On the old skis, you can hit the starter button any time you want, but it won't get spark until the lanyard is connected. (It will crank, but won't start) Also, if your XP has any gauges, they shouldn't be on until you hook up the lanyard.

button

just got this old 88 seadoo xp and i was wondering if the motor is suppose to turn with out the key on there, the guy before me has wired up all kinds of crap and im wondering if i should rewire it all. thanks

You should have two separate dash buttons. Let us know after you figger
this out.

yea thats what i noticed, it wouldnt spark without the lanyard on there. I have the lanyard key button, and the push start button and theres another switch above thos but the guy wired lights into it along with a cig lighter and a light pole for the back hahhahahaha. so theres wires everywhere all through the skii

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back