Shoreland'r Replacement Fender?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

nohassle5

I just brought my 1998 Speedster home a few days ago. She's riding on a 1999 Shoreland’r Model SD-GV1724 galvanized trailer with black fenders.

I noticed that almost every speedster in 98-99 on a shoreland'r trailer, was missing the starboard fender assembly (Inclusive of the running lights). What is the story?

I went to the Shoreland'r and it states to call your local dealer. I put in a call 4 days ago, and still haven't received a response. Has anyone else determined why this is so common, or located a source for the replacement fender assembly?

I've had to reattach both the fenders on my Karavan trailer, so it's any trailer that uses the cheap plastic fenders that can have the problem. As far as I know they are just generic fenders, so most trailer shops should be able to help you out.

When I refastened mine, instead of using the little sheet-metal screws, I ran bolts right through them and used loctite. Haven't had a problem since.

Aaron:cheers:

Finally got a response from Shoreland'r. Contacted their recommended distributor, and received and installed the missing fender and parts. If anyone else needs the contact info, here you go:

Shoco, Inc.
Darren Smith

How much was it? My right fender was loose and flopping when I got my boat to. I just bolted them back down by running a bolt staright down on the flat part instead of using the big rubber plug thingys that it comes with. does your boat sit farther towards the right fender than the left? I have only seen 1 other 98 in person and it did. Mine actually rubs the fender a tiny bit sometimes. It doesnt matter how I put it back on the trailer, it is always tight towards that side.

How much was it? My right fender was loose and flopping when I got my boat to. I just bolted them back down by running a bolt staright down on the flat part instead of using the big rubber plug thingys that it comes with. does your boat sit farther towards the right fender than the left? I have only seen 1 other 98 in person and it did. Mine actually rubs the fender a tiny bit sometimes. It doesnt matter how I put it back on the trailer, it is always tight towards that side.

The fender with the marker lights shipped to me was $135. It was a 10 minute job and it's all working great. After bolting the fender on, the boat was sitting on the right fender. After launching and re-trailering, the boat "Favored" the right side. After a couple of trips out, it has a very slight favor to the right side. If I ever re-build the bunks on the trailer, I may try to raise them somehow to alleviate the issue all together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back