Shoreland'r Double trailer

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

mfmeyer

Hello,

I have found a 94 shoreland'r trailer for sale here in PNW in excellent condition the owner thought it was a 95 but based on the storage box being metal vs plastic I tracked it down as a 94 based on parts diagram I found -(believe it is model 1308). It is painted and not galvanized but paint looks to be in very good condition.

As this is my first PWC trailer (have one project ski completed and anticipate acquiring another) I have a couple of questions that I hope someone here may be able to answer:

What is the max load? Could not find an owner's manual or specs (other than parts diagram) online - tires listed at 1300lb.

Are the small 5.30 x 13 tires good for longer distance trips? e.g. 200-300 mi round-trips,

Or should I be looking at trying to upgrade/increase size? (looks to be fairly easy easy )

Is there anything specific I should check other than overall condition - rust. bearings, etc...

I can probably get it for 800-850 (asked 1k) the going rate for doubles up here run from 700 - 1200 that I have been able to find here in PNW.

Thanks for your time.

r/ Mark
(quick pix as it was starting to rain hard)
Shoreland'r Trailer prospect.jpg

That's a cool setup. I'd check the bulb sockets for corrosion and presence of dielectric grease, and check each wire connection for any signs of the same. If its a 94 I hope the tires aren't original. Check for dryrotting and cracks. Then give the tires a wiggle to check for play in the bearings- vey slight movement is ok, if it moves noticeably then it will need new bearings and races along with a fresh grease repack.

If all checks out, make sure the tires are aired up and hook it up! Most double trailers are 1500-2000lb rated. There should be a sticker on the frame rail that give you the weight rating.

That's the smaller shorelander. It's a very cool setup... and that center box is a good walk way. BUT... it doesn't like anything too big. (like a modern 4-stroke ski) It's meant for 2 of the mid/late 90's 2-stroke skis.

But... before I paid $1200 for a used trailer... I go buy a new one.

As far as the price... $800 is fine, for a good used trailer. Double trailers are in demand... and it VERY hard to find a real deal on one. I paid $500 for mine... but it needed tires, and lights. So... I was into it for around $650 after is was all done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back