Shipping hull

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

thomps33

Has anyone here shipped a hull or jetski? Could you give a ballpark of how much it cost, or if you looked into it how much the quotes were? Thanks.

I havent but it wont be cheap, it is roughly $125 to ship a large hood or seat. Why do you want to ship a hull? You could probably get one from minnetonka cheap. He crushes many a year.

I am sure if he does this on a regular basis [MENTION=41828]Minnetonka4me[/MENTION] could hook you up

[video=youtube;HQKL2sb1Y54]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQKL2sb1Y54&list=UU6XFpHz_eLw0peW4ziQPrYA[/video]

Yeah I hate killing nice Seadoos...but some have to die to fix others...lol

If I lived closer that 99gsx would have never made it to the dump. We have been trying to get one of those cheap for years. I love that color combo

Haha...I live close to Tonka. I'm looking for a clean 95 xp hull since nice replica decals are available. I picked one up last summer after dragging it out of the weeds; pressure washing it revealed cracks in the gelcoat . Tonka has one, but he's not willing to let it go.

I have 3 95 limited skis. One was painted and the other has cracks in the gel. A guy I ride with has a 95 limited, with cracks in the gel. I think it's far and few between on finding one that doesn't. Post some pics.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

LOL yeah I have yet to find a cheap option. I hear people say oh I got it done for 300 bucks...well I dont know where. Ive tried Uship a few times and the prices are ridiculous.

And if you are that serious throw me a serious offer. As much as Id like to keep it, if you are serious and thinking of spending money on shipping one....I might be swayed. Since mine is all in one piece minus motor I might take a partial trade for yours to part out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh got ya, if he has a 99spx hull you should try getting that. Very sought after hull.

The 95 XP800 and the 99 SPX are my two favorite hulls! I actually think the 99 SPX is more scarce than the 95. I've only seen a couple of 99 SPX's around. If I wanted a 96 XP I could get one for free. Most of the the businesses have to pay to dispose the hull.

I have 3 95 limited skis. One was painted and the other has cracks in the gel. A guy I ride with has a 95 limited, with cracks in the gel. I think it's far and few between on finding one that doesn't. Post some pics. Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

I'd like one without any cracks in it if I can find one. I plan on buffing the entire hull and putting new replica decals on it. If that much effort is put into it I'd like a decent hull if available. This one looks like it might have been cracked from a collision with something. I'll get some pics posted. Maybe once it's buffed and waxed it won't look so bad?

LOL yeah I have yet to find a cheap option. I hear people say oh I got it done for 300 bucks...well I dont know where. Ive tried Uship a few times and the prices are ridiculous.

And if you are that serious throw me a serious offer. As much as Id like to keep it, if you are serious and thinking of spending money on shipping one....I might be swayed. Since mine is all in one piece minus motor I might take a partial trade for yours to part out.

Thanks Tonka, I was thinking Uship was the best bet. I think the stars have to align to get a good rate. Someone has to already be planning on a load headed this way and happen to have extra space on board.
LOL, everything has a price... I'm willing to bet it's worth more to you than it is to me since you already have plans for it. The hull I got is bare... The guy even stripped the through hull exhaust fitting :facepalm: so I doubt it would be worth anything to you. I'll think about it a couple of days and shoot you a PM.

Freightquote.com we never messed around with uship. My buddy has his own trucking company, he says uship is a pain in the ass and never got involved. We use fq for our shipments. Everything we ship is in a crate. We ship 36" square 150# packages from Cali to Philly for about $250. Oh, and that's a 3 to 5 day shipment. They're always here before the 5th day. We shipped a huge 13' Long crate that weighed between 12 to 1300# for less than the wood cost to build the crate, I think it was under $300 for the shipping iirc. The bitch is you need to crate it. You could stick frame it and wrap it with plastic sheathing. But the cost of material involved and time to build it is going to out weigh any savings on the hull. Only way to do it cheap is Nick gets a crate from the dealer for free and puts it back together. Any way you cut it, I'll bet it's gonna run you about 5 to $600 to create and ship. Oh, and the cost of the hull. At that point, start looking for a clean running 95.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

It took me a five hundred dollar bill to get a hull from Cali to Fl with Uship. It took a couple weeks to find a guy who bid that low, most were $1000-$1500. I never would have done it if it were a normal hull and it still stings a little.

Not even two weeks ago I paid 390$ to get a polaris pro 1200 from jacksonville florida, to fort wayne indiana. I also looked at buying a polaris slx 1200 and a 97 spx with factory spec two, buckshot carbs, heads, and more goodies, and a double trailer, from missouri to fort wayne last week. Just over a 10 hour drive and i had multiple bids under 350$ but I couldnt ever figure out how to coninve the wife to let me have 5 skis. This was all on uship BTW. Honestly your best bet is to just put the shipment out on uship for bid. That will tell you hard facts what you can ship it for. Theres no penalty if you dont award it to anyone.

How far are you shipping? At these prices, if less than a days drive, I think I would just take an empty trailer and bring back the hull myself. Better yet just put it in the back of a pickup.

Lou

Last edited by a moderator:
]Thanks guys. I'm thinking finding something closer is a better bet. I got out and was able to grab some pictures today. Rub rail would hide most of it, but it must have been a decent hit because they sealed up the bond rail inside the hull.
IMG_1578.jpgIMG_1579.jpgIMG_1580.jpgView attachment 29524

Attachments

• IMG_1582.jpg
    IMG_1582.jpg
    418 KB · Views: 24
Come buy mine. I don't want retard money for it. That hull would cost you a mint to get back running since it's stripped clean. Mine is complete minus motor. I even have a rebuilt motor sitting here.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back