Shift / throttle control for 2001 Islandia?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

BrokeLoser

Hello all...newb here.
Just picked up a NOT running 2001 Islandia...compression tested perfectly, spark at all cylinders...failed HP fuel pump and bad gas is hopefully the only thing standing in my way. I have all the parts to rebuild my VST on order and should have it all back together by late next week.

Anyhoo....I replaced the throttle cable, the shift cable seems to be in good condition...the control seems to be quite stiff nonetheless....throttle is very smooth while in forward but stiff while in reverse....any ideas?
Is there an aftermarket control people are replacing the OE with?

Thanks in advance! Happy to be part of the Seadoo family.

Sounds like you have an issue in the control lever assy. Open it up and look for interference/rubbing elements when in reverse.

Would not hurt to disconnect shift cable at reverse gate. Make sure gate (AKA bucket) moves freely.

Sounds like you have an issue in the control lever assy. Open it up and look for interference/rubbing elements when in reverse.

Would not hurt to disconnect shift cable at reverse gate. Make sure gate (AKA bucket) moves freely.
Thanks Tim...you were right, the linkage in the control definitely needed to be lubed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back