setting tps on 240 efi

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

xlonewolf1967

trying to set the tps on the mercury 240 efi. I have jumper wires in place on the tps harness, port side temp sensor disconnected, safety lanyard in place and key on all as the manual states.
im all set to go and am not the greatest at electrical testing. could someone please show me where to set my meter to acquire the proper reading. supposed to be 2 dc volts. I feel like a fool but its something I never really learned.

thanks in advance

Attachments

• IMG_0251.jpg
    IMG_0251.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 28
On your meter, it looks like 1 click to the right of OFF.

There are several threads here about checking and adjusting the tps. You need to have the meter connected properly. Simplest way is with pins into the insulation on tps wires. I don't remember which 2 of the 3 wires.

thanks for the reply, I have it connected properly with red (+) to blue and black (-) to brown. probes inserted through the wires to connect and keep tps connected. port side temp sensor disconnected, safety lanyard in place and key in on position

There is more to setting the tps than endpoint voltages.
It must change SMOOTHLY from low to high. Any jumpiness means it's junk. It is easier to check with an analog meter (old style with a needle).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back