Sensor Question 03 Speedster 240

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

AnviL Man

I purchased the sensor #889575 as a back up in case it starts to fail, the port side sensor is notorious for failing from what I've gathered. I noticed though that there are in fact 3 identical sensors, one on the port side, one on the starboard side and one in the air handler. They all look the same to me. Are they all in fact the same exact part? Or do they just look the same and are actually different? I'm wondering if it's worth buying another two and and maybe swap them all out to avoid any possible problems.

Last edited:
Your engine is a Gen2 engine. It really doesn't suffer from the port side temp sensor problems that the Gen1 engine does. But yes... from what I can tell, your engine uses the same temp sender in both heads, and the air plenum.

Your engine is a Gen2 engine. It really doesn't suffer from the port side temp sensor problems that the Gen1 engine does. But yes... from what I can tell, your engine uses the same temp sender in both heads, and the air plenum.

Thank you doc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back