Seized GTi 130

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

biggsy

Hi there, I took my 2011 GTi 130 out for it's first run after winter on the long weekend and whilst my step son was riding it , it seized - we had only had it out for about 20 minutes. Apparently it ran out of oil. The ski has only done a total of 129 hours, it was serviced at 105 hours and was winterised and stored under cover in my garage.

I'm just looking for advice - is this a common occurence? How long should I reasonably expect the engine to last? What would cause it to use all of it's oil? I suspect that when it was serviced by the dealer insufficient oil was put in - but I can't prove this and I didn't bother checking the oil before I went out. At the same service the spark plugs had been replaced and one of them had such a small gap that the ski started running on only 2 cylinders - I removed the plugs and discovered this fault myself (the plugs all looked good - they weren't sooted up at all.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Back