Seat Dart Substitute for OEM part #293730021

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeffro296

So I just bought a 2006 Seadoo Sportster 155 and the seat skins and upholstery will need replacing. The whole set of seat skins is a bit over $500 but what torqued my screw was that the seat darts to reattach the seats and upholstery panels are a bit over $6 a piece!!! I searched through a few threads and one guy mentioned a possible substitute. I bought two bags (25 pieces each) for about $20 with shipping. I had to cut a small v-notch at the top of the fastener to insert it into

Attachments

• 20210503_135116.jpg
    20210503_135116.jpg
    656.2 KB · Views: 107
  • 20210503_135134.jpg
    20210503_135134.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 82
  • 20210503_135155.jpg
    20210503_135155.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 88
  • 20210503_135236.jpg
    20210503_135236.jpg
    155.1 KB · Views: 115
  • 20210503_135002.jpg
    20210503_135002.jpg
    173.4 KB · Views: 142
  • 20210503_135010.jpg
    20210503_135010.jpg
    230.5 KB · Views: 134
That's the real deal there. Good find. I will be using these. Correction, I just bought me a bag of them.

Last edited:
Great info, my Sportster engine dropped a valve and I just replaced it. The next project is upholstery and this will be very useful. Thanks!

I have tested them out on the armrests and they seem to work pretty good... I also tested them out on one seat but I think the holes for that seat have been enlarged... when I get more than one day off in a row and get a chance to actually work on my boat, I might dab a little bit of epoxy in the holes to narrow them up a bit... and see how that works... I received my new seat skins but I just need to get some time to work on them... I'll post some pictures and descriptions when I start working on the seats...

I have tested them out on the armrests and they seem to work pretty good... I also tested them out on one seat but I think the holes for that seat have been enlarged... when I get more than one day off in a row and get a chance to actually work on my boat, I might dab a little bit of epoxy in the holes to narrow them up a bit... and see how that works... I received my new seat skins but I just need to get some time to work on them... I'll post some pictures and descriptions when I start working on the seats...
I also have a 2006. Do the new seat skins include the armrest, the triangles between the seats and the "sun deck" upholstery? If so, I might change the color to a tan. Also, can you explain how to remove the armrests? and any knowledge you might have gained while doing this.
Not researching before buying have already cost me a new engine so from now on, I'm doing a LOT of it. Thanks.

The kit includes replacement vinyl for all the vinyl covered upholstery, even the sundeck, triangles and armrests. I'll probably start a new thread with pictures when I start to recover the seats. Might be a week or so cause them people that employ me are trying to kill us by working us to death...but the overtime is paying for my little boat projects...

I experimented on the driver's arm rest to see if the substitute seat darts worked. In order to remove the arm rest there are two seat darts holding the arm rest on the very top and a clip on the side. I wedged in a screwdriver between the boat and the armrest (on the top from outside the boat) and carefully pried up the top of the armrest. The two seat darts will remain in the fiberglass and the heads of the seat darts will pull out of the arm rest. You are going to actually destroy the seat darts pulling the armrest off. If you somehow manage to keep the darts in one piece you will destroy them pulling them out of the holes in the fiberglass boat. I then put it the new seat darts in the armrest after clipping the head as shown in the first post. I then slid the armrest bracket into its holder on the side and then pushed down on the top of the arm rest. Wallah! Arm rest back in place.

I just picked up a pneumatic stapler from harbor freight today and ordered some stainless steel staples from Amazon so I am getting closer to starting on my seat reskinning project...

I used the Jet Armour kit on my 07 Speedster seats. The seat bases and back were fairly easy. The arm rests and sundeck were a different matter. Use a heat gun to stretch fabric. A pneumatic stapler with stainless steel staples are a must. The substitute darts work once you cut a notch in the heads.

I ended up replacing the sun deck and arm rests with hydro-turf. I slipped off of the gray vinyl and fell off so I replaced it with hydro-turf. Someone jumped off the boat from the arm rest and dislodged it , so I replaced them with hydro-turf.

Attachments

• D729E4C9-9877-4B61-AB0D-DF399406CB8E.jpeg
    D729E4C9-9877-4B61-AB0D-DF399406CB8E.jpeg
    418 KB · Views: 75
  • 6417E670-5C79-47CD-B2B4-21084A997FED.jpeg
    6417E670-5C79-47CD-B2B4-21084A997FED.jpeg
    249.8 KB · Views: 65
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    253.1 KB · Views: 76
First post. Great find. Boat my 2006 SCIC 2 weeks ago. These replacement darts are great. After cutting the ‘V’ and a little work, the replacement darts fit great and easily secured the seats. Thanks Jeffro296.

Thank you Jeffro296 for your suggestion. I am also reupholstering my 2006 Islandia and I absolutely hate the way they fasten the seats and backs. While looking for Dart retainers, I used your part # and found the website who sells them for a good price. But they charge for S/H and it also takes too long. So I used the sub # Ford 387182-S and found the link on Amazon which showed a few options. Ordered this morning and will see if they also do the job. Since I am new here and thought I would like to contribute a bit info for the helps I have received from you all. Happy New Year!

Amazon.com

Amazon.com

Attachments

• Seat retainers.jpg
    Seat retainers.jpg
    520.4 KB · Views: 49
Anytime brother! I can't take credit for the find, only the re-post...they worked well on the armrest pad but the holes for the seats were enlarged so not so good there...a dab of epoxy in the holes would probably fix that up....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back