Seat base material question

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
I own a 2001 Seadoo LRV. Just love it. I am recovering my seats. Challenging, but turning out good. An LRV has those hinged clam-shell seat in the rear. kind of like a sun deck. They are two piece. Center squarish piece and an L-shaped wrap around section. The L shaped wrap around section has some cracked and missing platic base material I need to repair. Does anyone know what the plastic black seat base material is? I want to identify the material so I can use the proper material to make the repair. My guess is LDPE (Low density Poly Ethelyne)

Attachments

• IMG_6685.JPG
    IMG_6685.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 35
  • MNOU0228.JPG
    MNOU0228.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 39
  • LRV.jpg
    LRV.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 38
I own a 2001 Seadoo LRV. Just love it. I am recovering my seats. Challenging, but turning out good. An LRV has those hinged clam-shell seat in the rear. kind of like a sun deck. They are two piece. Center squarish piece and an L-shaped wrap around section. The L shaped wrap around section has some cracked and missing platic base material I need to repair. Does anyone know what the plastic black seat base material is? I want to identify the material so I can use the proper material to make the repair. My guess is LDPE (Low density Poly Ethelyne)

It would be a guess for us non LRV owners without actually seeing it, but I'd say most of the seadoo seats during that era are made out of a common polyethylene plastic. You may need to get creative or find a salvaged LRV to get a replacement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back