SeaRayder

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spuly

Have a 14’ SeaRayder with a 3 cylinder Mercruser engine that I’m considering pulling out and mounting a outboard engine on the back. Crazy idea?

If your engine is running, I would leave it in. If it's blown up... the Merc parts on the little engines are hard to find, and are getting expensive. If you do it clean... I have no issues with mounting an outboard on the boat.

To be very honest... if I loose my engine again... I will probably look at mounting a big 4-stroke outboard on my boat.

Thanks for the encouragement. What do you think a 90HO 3 cylinder Mercruiser Jet engine in good running condition is worth?

As a package... probably not much. Most people don't want to install an entire engine and drive. It's worth more as parts. If nothing else... just separate the head, and pump and sell them that way.

Brought boat into my garage, charged battery and it started right up after a year sitting. I shouldn't complain as it runs good, but it's steering is too sensitive and the odor from the engine gags me. I think I may be using the wrong 2 cycle oil as I just bought what I found at Walmart. Any suggestions for a better grade oil?

Thanks for all your help, I may just keep the boat until it dies!

It can use a regular TC-w3 oil. I personally use the Pennzoil XLF that Walmart sells. (in my Merc engine) But regardless... 2-strokes will have smoke, and a gas smell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back