Sealing ride plate

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sink

The more I look around, the more I think the ride plate could be what's going on with my speedster. It's not bad... but that cavitation is strange. There are also some scrapes completely around the wear ring on the side with the problem. Do you have to remove the ride plate to seal it or can you just run a bead of miracle sealant around it? I see some break the plate when removing it to seal it. What do you think??? I guess I'm a bit anal about things so I want it right. I want to seal it and try it and see if I need to replace the wear ring.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Sink

The ride plate itself isn't a seal point on the boat. Seadoo uses a ride shoe (above the plate/in the hull) and that needs to be sealed. If you remove the pump... you will see the shoe better, and you can run a big bead of RTV around it to help seal it... but the proper way is to remove it... clean it... and reinstall it with RTV on it's sealing surfaces.

I had to gently heat[warm] mine and the shoe dropped down.Of course, After I removed the screws,also use the proper sealant. There is some articles on the net refurring to the procedure. If you have a carbon seal,reach down and recenter it,sometimes they suck air. Every time I remove pump,I have to recenter the seal.Good the rest of summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back