SeaDoos Rotax 587

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

SeadooMan8

So I have really been thinking about doing somthing "big" With my 1991 Seadoo Xp and my 1994 Seadoo SPI. My SPI has the white 587 single carb engine and my XP has the yellow 587 dual carbs. Besides putting aftermarket Exhaust, impellar, air filters, etc. What else can I really do with them? I know somone tolf me before to put a 720 in them but what im looking to do is complete engine work to the current Skis And Engines. Any suggestions will be helpful.

720 is really the only logical reliable major upgrade you could do. Its true you could mod up the 580 but it will never make the HP the 720 does, and it will make it less reliable.

Anything you do to your existing ski, except maybe a performance intake grate or and aftermarket impeller is gonna effect reliability, and the intake grate or impeller doesn't give much bang for the buck, besides performance parts for a 580 are few and far between. And you still won't have a X-4 hull.

I think you would be money ahead to sell your 91XP and get either a 95XP with a 720 or if you really want a performance upgrade get a 96XP or 97-99SPX with a 787. Trust me you'll get better performance with the larger engine and you'll also have a true X-4 hull.

Lou

Rerouting wise its not tough although the 91 doesnt have a grey ebox. you would really want a complete 720 motor with carb(s) pipe, ebox, and prop and drop it all in place of the old stuff.

the main thing is it drops in w/o hull modification.

Anything you do to your existing ski, except maybe a performance intake grate or and aftermarket impeller is gonna effect reliability, and the intake grate or impeller doesn't give much bang for the buck, besides performance parts for a 580 are few and far between. And you still won't have a X-4 hull.

I think you would be money ahead to sell your 91XP and get either a 95XP with a 720 or if you really want a performance upgrade get a 96XP or 97-99SPX with a 787. Trust me you'll get better performance with the larger engine and you'll also have a true X-4 hull.

Lou

How much do you think I could get for my 1994 SPI, I'm just now putting a brand new motor in it, and rebuilding the carbs, putting a fuel filter on, new fuel lines, cleaning the gas tank, new registration numbers, and cleaning the inside and out of the hull. I'm also buying a new poppy cover, grips, and it already has a oil block off plate going onto it. Any idea?
Thanks,
Nick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back