Seadoorider52's trailer fix up thread

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Seadoorider52

So I had a thread up about a possible trade for a double and my buddy got the single and some cash and I pulled the trigger on it.

What I got ride of was a TowGo single place and I got a Yacht club double trailer. I threw $200 on top of the single. The double has brand new tires, new axle, new bearing buddies, new lights, and new wheels. It does need a little cosmetic TLC but there is no serious penetration of rust.

So here's what the double needs:
-All rust spot ground down and primed
-Entire trailer painted in gloss white rustoleum
-Center marker light 3-LED
-Yacht club or SeaDoo stickers
-Painted jack
-Painted safety chain
-Wiring extension
-Wiring harness covered in loom
-Winches and roller mounts

Here's the single I traded:

The double at first:

As I'm sure you can tell my ski is super clean. I'm a bit over the top and wash it once a week, and wax it overtime it gets washed. This being the theme, my single place needed some work, and I would like to get a second ski next year so I figured this was a good move.

I started by getting a stripping wheel for an electric grinder at home depot. I also picked up some self etching primer and an 18'' trailer wiring extension from Walmart. My buddy had some loom so I covered the harness up front with it for a cleaner, and more protected look. I pulled off the one fender well and am doing the inside and outside of what as well. I'm all about rust prevention.

Ground down and primed:

Harness before:

Cleaned up harness:

Started painting. Nice and warm out today so it's curing well, but not too fast. The pair will be the perfect finish and not overly glossy. I decided to brush instead of spray so I wouldn't get overspray on my ski. Here's what the paint looks like so far:

I finished the three coats on this side in about 2 hours after work tonight then called it quits. More grinding and painting tomorrow!

I need suggestions on how to economically make a winch work on this trailer. I'd like a more secure set up and use a winch that has a clip hook, and the ability to do a safety chain and still do a strap on the rear. You can never be too careful.

Thanks [MENTION=33508]ocod[/MENTION]!!!!

My only concern is that that o was told the bunks are new but seem to droop in the middle. Should I replace the bunk itself or does something need adjusted? I'm new to these trailers.

Looks good, your bunks are always gonna bow. The back of the ski is not over the mounts/cross beam. It's a catch 22, move the ski back to correct it but then you could run into having to much weight behind the axle. To much weight behind the axle and you get trailer whip from side to side. That's way dangerous and could give you a pair of brown shorts. My long single place has the same deal, I never messed with it since it trailers like a dream I just put my HX on it.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

Ok. The skit sits on there pretty ok. I just think it bows from the weight and lack of a third crossmember on the trailer there. I'll just leave it alone then. I may need to get some new carpet too.

Thanks for the compliment!

That looks great, it's nice what improvement a coat of paint makes. I just repainted my double trailer as well, Rustoleum rattle can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back