Seadoo XPDI 2003 wont start

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

moary123

My XPDI wont start, if i remove the spark plugs, the engine turns over fine, but then if i put the plugs back in the engine wont turn over, seams like it dosnt have the power to turn it over. i checked the battery and is reading 11.78v which i belive is ok!? any ideas? it was starting fine about 4 weeks ago.

Battery or Starter?

It's going to be either the battery or the starter. The voltage you are reading is a bit low. I'd have the battery load tested at your local Autozone or Advanced Auto parts.

A starter is a high torque motor. It has to overcome the compression of your cylinders. If you can get it to turn over with the plugs out, but not with them in and your battery is good, your starter is on its last leg.

If you have jumper cables or a jump box, you can try to jump the battery before you do anything. If you use a 12 volt battery from a vehicle, make sure the jump vehicles motor is shut down. Do not try to jump start from a running vehicle, damage to the electrial system could occur.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back