Seadoo xp limited 1999 not giving full power like it did!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

KirknPetchy

Still running and starting great, goes quite fast too. But will not rev as high or pic revs up at the same rate it did. Could this be something to do with the reed/rave valves?
The best way I can describe it is that it feels like riding a motocross bike without the power bands...it seems to have happened all of a sudden aswell.

If anyone knows what this might be and how to fix it please don't hesitate in letting me know.

Thanks in advance

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a 2004 Seadoo Sportster and last season I had a problem trying to pull up a skier or pull an tuber. The problem was that it didn't have enough power to accelerate but still had great top speed. The only problem I had to fix was to replace the wear ring. I had some other guy do it for me, so I can't give any guidance on how to replace it. I just know that it fixed my problem.

Cavitation

I have a 2004 Seadoo Sportster and last season I had a problem trying to pull up a skier or pull an tuber. The problem was that it didn't have enough power to accelerate but still had great top speed. The only problem I had to fix was to replace the wear ring. I had some other guy do it for me, so I can't give any guidance on how to replace it. I just know that it fixed my problem.
If like slipping clutch, the impeller clearnce is exceeded Spec. .008 is good,
.040 is bad. Bills86e

At the launch when I hear someone screeming, I tell them to just dive under
and pull the seaweed out of the intake grate. I get alot of Thanks for that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back