Seadoo xp 97 oil leak

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kezer48

Hi, I have recently bought my seadoo xp 97. I have an oil leak from the bottom end of the engine block. All my 2stroke oil is leaking into the bottom of the hull. When I use the ski it barely leaks as its flowing but standing still it drains a full tanks in 2/3 days. I found roughly Where its coming out and it seems to be the crack gasket. I dont know much about engines though so I have not taken it apart to see properly. The only things I can think is the gasket or the crank case is cracked. I'm after feed back on what is the most likely cause for the leak and on a scale of 1-10 how easy is changing the gasket?
Thanks

Welcome to the forum Kezer. Are you certain it is coming from the gasket? The rotary valve shaft has oil that circulates to keep it lubed. It's towards the bottom of the engine. It could be one of the fittings or the oil lines. If it is the gasket, you will have to pull the motor. See if you can get a closer look as to where the oil is coming from and post your question in the 2-stroke PWC section. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back