Seadoo xp 951 small ground wire location?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

dash75966

I just re installed my 951 engine for the xp, and I have these 2 small ground wires that I forgot to take note of where they go. Can someone tell me where they connect before I put the whole thing together? I don’t want to have to take it all back apart if they go somewhere hard to get too. Thanks!

It’s a 1998 xp limited. I’ve done pretty much a full restoration, so it’s all clean on the inside. I have the wires on this part that I circled, is that correct? And is there something else that goes there other than the wires?5DBB5CF2-62E6-4C70-AC9C-61074F93DFA3.jpeg

This is my engine. Your wires appear to be in the correct position. Good luck!

Attachments

• IMG_20220219_163056.jpg
    IMG_20220219_163056.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 29
So I pulled off my single black wire and cleaned all the connections. I ran a ground directly from battery to that same location. I looked in the bottom of the hull for a second ground wire but didn’t see one. I have a running 1998 GTX. I guess I can trace the two wires in that harness. Do you have any idea where either of your two blacks wires go?

The two wires begin at the red circle. Follow the white arrow/line to the rear. The loom splits, one to the top of the fuel tank, the other to the rear of the hull. I am unable to see where they end up. I would suggest looking at the wiring diagram to see where they go. I am sorry this is all I have and I hope this helps!

Attachments

• 20230227_191329A.jpg
    20230227_191329A.jpg
    331.5 KB · Views: 19
  • 20230227_190502A.jpg
    20230227_190502A.jpg
    264 KB · Views: 18
Thanks for your help. I went and looked at my running 98 GTX and it only has one black wire at that post also. The black wire appears to enter the wiring harness and goto the MPEM. I’ll keep digging and look at the wiring diagrams.

Thanks for your help. I went and looked at my running 98 GTX and it only has one black wire at that post also. The black wire appears to enter the wiring harness and goto the MPEM. I’ll keep digging and look at the wiring diagrams.
It's ok to help and trouble shoot together but please make sure you aren't taking over another thread.
It's all good, please don't take this the wrong way.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back