Seadoo xp 720 fuel problem!???

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Seadoosxp7201

Seadoo xp 717 is running lean it seems to have a fuel problem. I have rebuilt the cabs put new lines in and have cleaned the tank and replaced a coil and put new ignition wires plugs gas oil cleaned the select valve fuel valve replaced filters head gasket water jacket o rings stuff that just looked old I replaced haha... has anybody had ocean pro vortex flame arrestors and can't seem to keep the thing running? It will run for close to an hour or bog out or just flat out stall like there is no lanyard in it...? Once I check the plugs I can see spark I have taken the plugs out and they didn't look that wet from priming the crap out of it... I am not sure if my jets are too small? I have heard rumors of going up 5 sizes on the jets?? Should I jet it for the stock air box? And just take of the ocean pro vortex flame arrestors? I have narrowed it down to a fuel problem fuel is going through carbs they have been all rebuilt looks like an 80 gram spring and a 1.5 needle silver 40 psi pop off pressure I have no idea if that's what the ocean pro arrestors need ? Has anyone jetted a ski that has been running lean like this? Pm if you can or reply my number is 715-470-3299

Replace or bypass fuel selector. You really can't just clean them. The o rings go bad and they start sucking air. This might not be your problem,but it could be a problem.

If you bypass, make sure you pinch or plug the other line that goes to the selector or the system will still suck air.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back