Seadoo XP 1995- Impossible to find the problem..

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

marcxp95

Hi guys! I don't use to post here because I am spanish and is hard to me to speak in english.. :facepalm: , but now i'm desesperate and I hope you can help me . I have a seadoo 1995 xp ( 717 engine dual carb.) And it doesnt work good.. Every time I put the seadoo in the water It goes very bad in low rpm from 1000 to 3000 rpm. When it came over 3000rpm it runs perfect but when i drop the throttle when de engine has to start from low rpm's again , the same problem every time.. And when I turn of the engine some times is hard to start again the seadoo.
I put here som information useful..

-Mikuni rebuild kit new
-All the gaskets of the engine new
-compression in both cylinders a bit less than 15
-Low speed 1-3/4 high speed 1/8
-I revised that the rotary valve is in the correct position
-Looked for leakage of water from the cylinders to inside the engine.

2 Rounds of cold beer to who finds the problem or give me some useful information... :cheers: :bigear:

Did you replace the Needle and seat in the carbs when you rebuilt them or just new gaskets? Probably leaking down or the pop off isn't set right. There is a good thread here somewhere by [MENTION=14691]Bills86e[/MENTION] I think it's in the tech section.

All the work that you did was that before or after the problem showed up? Did you verify that the idle circuit in the carb isn't plugged? I certainly would not run it the way it is. Even though you say it runs good above 3000 rpm. Most 2 strokes will run great lean at higher rpm, just before you hole a piston or throw a rod through the block. Get it fixed before you ride it.

English is much better than I frequently encounter in Southern California, but that is another story.

I did not see it mentioned above; do you have the grey Tempo fuel lines? If so they need to be replaced and the carbs cleaned out again as well as going thru the entire fuel delivery system.

Good luck

Rod

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back