Seadoo xp 1995 electrical issue

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackgee

Gday all from Oz... Just a small. Issue with my gauges not firing up when I start my ski.... Checked all connections... Good.... Checked all. Gauges.... Good.... But my purple power line comming from My mpem is only supplying 4.5 volts no matter what I try... As soon as I disconnect it from my mpem... And connect direct to my battery... Boom... All gauges fire up.... Should I be getting 12 volts right through the line.... Any help would be much appreciated fellas.. Cheers.
Jacko.

Yes you should have 12 volts on the purple wire when running. You should see it for 33 seconds after pushing the start/stop button without the lanyard on also.

Hey Matt... Mate I only get 4.5 volts no matter what I try.....even when I push the start button with no lanyard on... Still nothing... If I take the purple wire of its plug and give it direct 12 volts... Everything fires up.... Gages wise that is... Is the an issue with my mpem or another gremlin at work here... What should I do next????

It sounds like the MPEM if 12v is going in but it only can put less then half that out on the purple wire. Check for a bad ground but if everything else works as it should then it's the MPEM(multi function electronic module). That function failed but the others might be ok.

You could wire up 12v to the gauges while your running the machine in a way that is reversible (no holes drilled for toggle switches, etc.) while you look out for a deal on a MPEM.

Lol... Im ready for bed mate.... Bacon and eggs... Ha ha ha.... Good old Oz mate.... Enjoy your day

Gday all from Oz... Just a small. Issue with my gauges not firing up when I start my ski.... Checked all connections... Good.... Checked all. Gauges.... Good.... But my purple power line comming from My mpem is only supplying 4.5 volts no matter what I try... As soon as I disconnect it from my mpem... And connect direct to my battery... Boom... All gauges fire up.... Should I be getting 12 volts right through the line.... Any help would be much appreciated fellas.. Cheers.
Jacko.
Hey Jacko
I'm from the other side of the island ( Perth WA) and was wondering if you managed to get your problem fixed.
It sounds like I've got the same problem.
I'll go through the posts on this thread and keep searching anyways
Hope to hear from you

Hey Stevie... HA ha ha ha... Mate just for some silly reason checked in to see what was going on... Sorry about the 12 month late reply... Gees amazing how time flys... Anyhow... The way I sorted my problem was to run a fused wire from the battery direct to the guages and put a waterproof switch on the dash... Worked a treat... Now I only turn on the guages when I need them... I never really figured out why I only got the low voltage through the mpem.... Still works for me.. Cheers.
Jacko
QLD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back