Seadoo Wear Ring Sizing Inconsistent!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

n-mod

I'm having some real challenges with wear rings recently. None of them seem to be the same size. I have a 04 Sportster. And 2 pumps (Since I'm extremely hard on my pump). One is the stock pump and one is from a 08 GTI 130. Diagrams show they should fit the same wear ring 267000419.

In the past I bought a stainless wear ring, it fit snug into the 08 gti pump, but my stock pump was a loose fit, I had to wrap it with a couple layers of duct tape to fit snug.

Now I just purchased a 267000419. It will fit very snug in my stock pump, but the impeller appears to have a very large clearance (2mm on all sides). Perhaps this impeller is worn down that bad? I haven't pulled the pump off my boat yet since it's buried in snow.

I usually go through 2 wear rings each summer. In the past I purchased aftermarket, but I just had a cheap one shatter in the pump.

My question is. What should the inner diameter of these wear rings be? Should it be 155mm? Or is that the OD of the impeller?

So according to the manual tolerance limit is 1mm (.040). The wear ring should be 155.5mm looking online. I'm guessing the impeller should be 155 which would give .25mm clearance all around.

So I assume I've lost near 4mm off my impeller (very possible). But I still don't understand the outer diameter. Why would the stainless wear ring fit one pump, but not the other? I don't see any cracks or anything on the larger pump.

EDIT: I asked impros. They said the impeller should be 6 1/8" (155.575mm). My new wear ring is very close to that. I'll try up get caliper readings once I install it in my pump.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back