Seadoo wake vs non wake seadoo?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

imkman

I am looking into the seadoo wake as I do not have to money for an air nautique or mastercraft wakeboarding boat. But it is not all about just wake boarding, I do not want to suffer in other areas of seadooing. Compared to other models, will it suffer in terms for power, handles, control, speed? Is there something I loss with the wake edition over other models?

I am new to seadooing and the jet power system. Any and all information would be appreciated.

Thanks
Kris

Wake?.....

Well Kris, you don't state what year your looking at but if it's this years models, then I think the Mastercraft might be cheaper!.........:rofl:

The 230 Wake goes for a little over 53K MSRP.....and the Speedster Wake just under that.

These boats are designed for the competitive sport of wake but any kind of water sport behind them will be great. They have the same high powered engines as the rest of the boats of the same years.......They do have added features but nothing that would diminish the boats performance.

The only thing I didn't really like was the way the have the seating arranged. For the 230 to seat 12 people, I wouldn't call it a comfortable 12. I'm used to the luxury buckets of the Challenger.........:cheers:

We filled up the ballasts this past weekend on our 230 wake and it put out a pretty solid wake. In all honesty it lacked nothing from the "surf" wake my friend's Centurion 'Escalade' wakeboat was putting out. I was able to surf with quite a bit of water to work with. I can't really say how good the wakeboarding wake is quite yet because I haven't tried it yet but we are happy with the whole package.

I believe as far as performance these Seadoo boats are all very similiar in their respective categories, what sets them apart would be their accessories (tower w/ speakers, ballast, perfect pass, seating arrangements, etc)

As for the lounger instead of a captains chair, we find it to be an excellent set up for the spotter to be able to lay back, relax, watch the rider, and be able to communicate with the driver. So for us it works out perfect. All about preferrece.

My other friend has a Mastercraft X-45 and all my friends rave about how epic the wake is on it... but I haven't been out on it yet so I can't compare it with our 230's wake quite yet... But once I get behind his boat, I'll be sure to report back on how it compares. (engine-wise I believe we're putting out more HP and can handle better but we'll see this summer)

I am looking into the seadoo wake as I do not have to money for an air nautique or mastercraft wakeboarding boat. But it is not all about just wake boarding, I do not want to suffer in other areas of seadooing. Compared to other models, will it suffer in terms for power, handles, control, speed? Is there something I loss with the wake edition over other models?

I am new to seadooing and the jet power system. Any and all information would be appreciated.

Thanks
Kris

more info on witch boat you looking at, the only diffrences between reg and wake models are the options. wake models have perfect pass, balast tanks, PA sytem, tower with speakers would be the main ones. same hulls/motors/driveline. If your looking at a NEW 230 wake id say go with the 510hp.

Floor street....

I think FLoorStreet gave it the best description that could have been given. He must be a Seadoo Dealer!..........:rofl:

hey guys thanks for the replies, i should have been more descriptive. I am not looking for a boat but rather a jetski. The wake 215 probable 2008. The wake boarding boats are a bit out of my budget if I want to have enough gas money to drive them lol. Does anyone have experience with the wake 215 model ?

First post....

In your very first post, I had dwelled on that aspect for a minute. But, you made reference to the Mastercraft and Ski-Natique, so I think we all thought you were talking about the "Wake" series boats.....

The Wake ski's have the same ability to ballast for putting out a nice wake. The newer versions are nice because the rear platform and seating is designed for a rider to sit facing backward to be a spotter. The ski rides 3 comfortably, since by most laws, you need at minimum, one driver, one spotter and of course, someone that's on the board..........:cheers:

I have the SeaDoo Wake you are talking about got it in July but I haven't pulled a wakeboard behind it yet, that's this summer. But we did have a tube and it was lots of fun, and there is defiantly a difference in the wake when you have the ballast tanks on the back and a person sitting back there and the trim all the way down, it puts out a nice wake for a PWC. :hurray:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back