Seadoo Upgrade

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

vission

We currently own a 1996 Seadoo Challenger. It runs great and we have a lot of fun with it, jumping waves and occasionally pulling tubes. I have been looking at 06-08
Seadoo Speedster 200 430hp. Have any of you driven both? We want a slightly larger boat(4 people being able to sit forward) :) but I don't want to lose the fun we have with the little Challenger. My boys love the thrill of getting the boat in the air as we are hopping over waves/wakes.

Just like to get some opinions. Trying to keep are next boat purchase ~$15k

I had a 98 speedster and loved the boat. Only issue was I didn't want a two stroke boat. This summer we upgraded to a 2006 speedster 200. Much larger boat which is nice but not as nimble as the 98. 2096 is a gas pig and the big issue is the boat pulls to the left all the time. The 4 stroke motors are great

Thank you for your response! Yeah I just physically saw a Speedster 200(20ft), great looking boat but wow was it a lot bigger!! Beautiful boat but I think a bit much for us pulling it to the river or lake. I think I will start looking for a newer Challenger 1800 series (18ft), I think it may be better suited for our style of play.

Just throwing out there to not shy away from the bigger boats if you find a deal. I have a 07 challenger 230 and can say even though a big boat it’s basically a giant jet ski. We jump waves and do 180 turns, tube wakeboard/surf etc. also is great for a crowd. We’ve run at capacity (12 adults) several times very comfortably. We tow it to the lakes and rivers with no problems.

I've got a 2005 Sea Doo Speedster 200 for sale! It's a fun boat, no doubt, but I'm on the hunt for a center console for fishing.

We have a 210 & sometimes it gets small once you put a family , a few friends & all their stuff in there. Add a tube & some boards & you will be glad you have a bigger boat. Plus they handle the big wakes that surf boats throw at you these days a little better. I would agree, don’t shy away from a bigger vessel.

Well if your still looking I just got a 2008 speedster 200 with 430hp and need to sell because of personal issues. Previous owner rebuilt both engines and pumps, new upholstery and bimini top. $11,500 with clean title.
c7bf4bd104e9521c297345c4e2334469.jpg
456ac24a649d85db1732a7dd87d52731.jpg
f8480a5414800a3b67efcc65e0c10eb4.jpg

@jalers01 Random question. Does your boat really have the 430hp engines? I thought the 215hp engines didn't have air filters and only the 255hp engines had air filters and that engine cover unless the newer challenger engines with 430hp have different engine designs.

Yes each 4Tec engine are 215. So probably with the air filters would give it a little more. This is how I bought it. You can look up the specs.

Yes each 4Tec engine are 215. So probably with the air filters would give it a little more. This is how I bought it. You can look up the specs.
Definitely will! Been looking into adding air filters to mine but trying to get around the intake silencers and tubing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back