SeaDoo Sportster hitting low rpm limiter

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jesse94

I've got a 1995 Sportster with a single 657x motor, it refuses to rev past what I'm assuming is the low rpm "neutral" rev limiter. it does not have a tach so I don't know the exact RPM but, It sounds exactly like the one in this video:

It starts in F-N-R all the same, I pulled the neutral safety switch out, Tried jumping the 2 wires, tried unhooking the wires all together, I tried cutting them and running a seperate ground, no change.

I also checked the rotary valve timing and wear, it is slightly worn but from what I understand it should still rev up out of the water regardless.

I'm at a loss, any ideas?

How does it act on the water?

Chester

it acts the same in and out of the water.

If it starts in all modes, the wires are probably shorted further down the line.

I figured if it shorted out then it would think it's in drive? Where do the wires run to? can I disconnect them at the computer or whatever they hook to and leave it like that?

edit: I just cut one wire and left the other one hooked up on the neutral safety switch, beeped when i tried to start it, touched it back together fired up, let it go and it rev's to the moon now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back