Seadoo Speedster 787 jet boat

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Water sports

Question 1
Just wanting further advice on possible cause of engine buzzer going off continuously when we put the boat in the water this drove very nicely but then stopped and couldn't restart the boat as it did not fire. We had to get towed back into shore, We did start the engines again when we got the boat home. What would be your recommendation to go over to try and eliminate this problem I am in the progress on reconditioning them all for carburettors. What would cause the engine to shut down. Just wanting to know if I should be looking at other things.

Question 2 could you please tell me what carb is the PTO is it the rear carb with the small plunger.

Question 3
I have some small concerns on the oil lines from the oil tank down to the oil pump how can I tell if these have been placed and if they are PVC or polyurethane, as you mentioned do not use PVC I am wondering if I should replace them with clear fuel rated piping which has like a reinforcing. Red striping.

Question 4
Do Seadoo speedster 787 twin engine 2 stoke jet Boat have two batteries or one when manufactured

Question 5
After replacing the small oil pipes from the pump to the manifolds and the oil lines from the tank to the pump what do I have to look out for to ensure these are correctly bleed and what is the best procedure for bleeding both these. Also are the only oil filters on the lines.

Question 6
Is the rave water valves are missing on each muffler can this cause any concerns.

I’ll help with those that I can.

Question 3
I replaced mine with 3/32 tygon fuel tubing. Zip ties to secure on the nipples.

The oil line bleeding procedure is covered in the service manual for my ski ( I have a 99 gtx limited. ) I would download the manual and read that. It helps so much

Question 1
A continuous buzzer indicates over heating. If water isn't circulating, it will cause overheating and the motor will seize up. Did both motors stop running?

Question 2
The PTO carb is towards the rear of the boat

Question 3
The oil lines from the tank to the pump usually don't need replacing unless they have become hard or damaged. The oil filter on that line should be periodically replaced. If the lines from the pump to the RV cover are original, they should be replaced with 3/32 tygon

Question 5
After replacing oil lines, open the bleed screw on the pump until fresh oil starts coming out. Close the bleed screw. Start the motor and hold the oil pump wide open until the small lines from pump to RV cover fill

Question 6
The RAVE looking valve on the exhaust is a water regulator valve. If you are missing them, they need to be replaced. They help the motor hit top performance, and can melt rubber exhaust pieces if not functioning correctly

Question 1
A continuous buzzer indicates over heating. If water isn't circulating, it will cause overheating and the motor will seize up. Did both motors stop running? Well The boat actually went very well on the water but then it was like it had a fuel problem and both motors stalled and they just turned over and over I couldn't restart them. However when I got back home both engines started and I flashed them out. I was wondering if the buzzer was to do with a couple of things my fuel gauge was not working and the temperature sensor wires were loose in the engine compartment not connected to the sensor as these are broken.

Question 2
The PTO carb is towards the rear of the boat

Question 3
The oil lines from the tank to the pump usually don't need replacing unless they have become hard or damaged. The oil filter on that line should be periodically replaced. If the lines from the pump to the RV cover are original, they should be replaced with 3/32 tygon yes I am replacing the little pipes from the pump to each manifold but just wondering how Do I know previous owner didn't replace the larger oil pipes with PVC and while I've got everything off but the carburettors it's easier to replace them however I'm finding these very difficult to obtain and clear in New Zealand.

Question 5
After replacing oil lines, open the bleed screw on the pump until fresh oil starts coming out. Close the bleed screw. Start the motor and hold the oil pump wide open until the small lines from pump to RV cover fill sorry what is the RV cover

Question 6
The RAVE looking valve on the exhaust is a water regulator valve. If you are missing them, they need to be replaced. They help the motor hit top performance, and can melt rubber exhaust pieces if not functioning correctly yes well that's what I was wondering one of the other members said that if the boat running okay don't worry about replacing those somebody has remove these and put some form of bolt in the air with a very tiny hole. So if you recommend replacing these do I just buy them and install them into the mufflers but how does the water piping to these work is there a diagram

Thank you I really appreciate you spending the time in answering my questions I'm not sure why these women answered earlier maybe they're busy which is understandable.

Question 4 - They had two batteries from the factory, but it was and is a common modification to replace the dual small battery setup with a single larger battery.

They came with a single battery. To the best of my knowledge seadoo never produced a 2 stroke jet boat with dual FULL-SIZE batteries, like the one in your speedster. Now, I believe the earlier twin engine boats had dual PWC size batteries.

Racer is correct. I was thinking it was an older boat. Mine came with two group 12 batteries, and has been converted to a single larger marine battery.

Racer is correct. I was thinking it was an older boat. Mine came with two group 12 batteries, and has been converted to a single larger marine battery.
I'm wondering why when going to 1 battery it would have to be larger. I never start both engines at the same time.

They made them more like a traditional boat and not a glorified PWC. You can add electronics like a fish finder, radio etc.... Traditional boats always used a marine battery, at sometime you need to be like everyone else I guess. When you charge good money for something people expect something better. Your boat new was just under $18,000. I know I wouldn't have been happy if I saw a PWC size battery in my speedster when I bought it new.

The conversion was already done when I got my boat, but after living with it, I do like the additional cranking amps and reserve time available from the larger battery...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back