Seadoo Spark Wear Ring

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

aulicinoj

Was at the Lake this weekend. I am in Northern California, since lake are high there is a lot of debris in the lakes. i sucked up a piece of wood inside my intake. I started it after and work came out of the jet. I have not looked yet but i am pretty sure my wear ring is busted. Any tips on confirming that and if i caused any more damage.

Visually inspect the wear ring. Should have a smooth surface no cracks or chunks gouged out of it. Are you experiencing loss of power? We sell a bunch of different wear rings on www.pwcmuscle.com

At first I had power loss and i got it out of the water and tried flushing it and small pieces of wood came out. How can inspect that without taking it apart? Which wear ring do you recommend?

At first I had power loss and i got it out of the water and tried flushing it and small pieces of wood came out. How can inspect that without taking it apart? Which wear ring do you recommend?

Look up through the intake grate.

Your lucky your wood came out, mine was stuck in the impeller, $550 later a new wear ring. You should always know your top speed attained. If fairly drivable see if you can get to that speed.

I pulled it out of the water and flushed it and thats when i saw the wood come out. Not sure if there is more in there or not. Time to check it out.

Visually inspect the wear ring. Should have a smooth surface no cracks or chunks gouged out of it. Are you experiencing loss of power? We sell a bunch of different wear rings on www.pwcmuscle.com

I got underneath the ski and appears the wear ring is still good but i did notice that there there is a small piece of wood stuck better the prop and wear ring. Over time will that break the wear ring if it doesn't dialog?

Was at the Lake this weekend. I am in Northern California, since lake are high there is a lot of debris in the lakes. i sucked up a piece of wood inside my intake. I started it after and work came out of the jet. I have not looked yet but i am pretty sure my wear ring is busted. Any tips on confirming that and if i caused any more damage.

If you where to upgrade: would you go for a solas 12/17 impeller and a full stainless wear ring or stainless inside and plastic outside.

Funny to say but the wear rings wears under normal use. I had a piece of wood and after inspecting the ring I think it would have be fine to use. Maybe lose a few MPH, don't know for sure. A few line gouges. But while your in there why not change it out.

I had a small piece of wood (a twig) about the diameter of a pencil and maybe an inch long stuck on the impeller blade and rubbing on the wear ring (2009 RXT 215). The cavitation was so severe from just this that the engine would just tack up fast with no forward speed at all. Would idle with normal forward motion of like 2-3 mph. I removed the twig, had a little bit of scoring on the wear ring, not bad, and full speed restored. I've realized how sensitive these jet drives are to smooth water flow across the impeller.

I had a small piece of wood (a twig) about the diameter of a pencil and maybe an inch long stuck on the impeller blade and rubbing on the wear ring (2009 RXT 215). The cavitation was so severe from just this that the engine would just tack up fast with no forward speed at all. Would idle with normal forward motion of like 2-3 mph. I removed the twig, had a little bit of scoring on the wear ring, not bad, and full speed restored. I've realized how sensitive these jet drives are to smooth water flow across the impeller.

That is great to know. I tired getting it ou but its stuck pretty good in there.

Might sound crazy, but can you cut the edges with a hack saw blade? Thinking if can cut the wood on either side and then spin the impeller under power. Might just throw the remaining out?

Back