Seadoo: Metal Washers ? Synthetic oil ?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chch4477

Although I've read every idea regarding this what do I do with my 2007 RXT.
My ski has 28 hours and never a problem. I have the ceramic washers still and asked my local dealer if I should replace them. He said don't bother until they go, and then replace them for 350.00 parts and 2 hours labor. He also said the ceramic washers only go if you use w.o.t. a lot out of the water i.e. jumping. My question is does this make sense? can't the do more damage to the oil pump and motor if I wait for them to give out versus replacing them now? So it would be cheaper to just replace them now and if so what washers riva mnetal? and I've read about using 4 stroke mineral oil only with the ceramic washers? I can only find the synthetic oil and some summer blend synthetic oil. Does the synthetic oil really hurt the ceramic ? thanks for your help.

If you wait until they fail, it will be a heavy expense. Best bet is to replace them now and be done with it. If you search, there are a ton of threads on here documenting it.

http://pwcmuscle.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=13

Click the link above...they come with installation instructions and are exactly what is needed. Currently you can use "OPEN5" coupon code to save an additional 5% off the order.

BTW, great avatar pic :)

Thanks, I'm going to get the metal washers put in, hopefully by the end of this season.
What do you think about the oil issue do they even make a mineral oil anymore or is it all synthetic ?

I just got two 05" RXPs and the first thing I did was replace the washers and the supercharger kit... No reason not to do it now before it breaks and costs 2500.00 to 3K to repair the engine when it is only 600 to 700 for the job. Would you rather do it now or have the big bill and be down for a few weeks or longer???

Slug-O

After changing out the washers, synthetic is the way I'd go. Others may disagree. Oil always is one of those highly debatable topics.

Keep it fresh, keep it clean you'll be fine.

a dealership is ALWAYS gonna tell you wait till something goes, their greedy and if you wait they'll make a but load more $$$, thats why dealerships stink, charge too much and won't help you out with crap because they don't wanna tell their "secrets" the only thing i've ever gotten from a dealership was.... wait NOTHING but ???? "bring it in"... if i was supercharged that would be the first thing i replaced too seems well worth the money!

Last question and thanks for the advice

I'm going to replace the washers now. Questions is just replace the washers or at should I do the rebuild with only about 30 hours ? Thanks again.

Do it now!!!!! I did mine at 6.2 hours and the other one only had 10.2 hours. Now that it's done I don't have to worry about it anymore... Get the whole supercharger rebuild kit when you get it done like I did...

Slug-O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back