Seadoo hx factory pipe question

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bigredram87

Hi I'm about done installing my factory pipe on hx and the diagram had me a little confused coming out the front mag side nipple of head does a hose just go from that nipple to the headpipe/jpipe nipple
137.jpg
138.jpg
(not sure name) with a t in middle going to solenoid?

I'm starting to think this is the water strainer thing I see for sale sometimes? This required or can I live without it I ride in deep water just don't know if this has any other function

Thanks Matt, as far as a starting point on the water adjustment screw is factory pipe recommendation still a good starting point 3/8" just tune till ......????

No I would start way more conservative like 1/2 to 3/4 of a turn out. I like everything running nice and cool. The pipe make plenty of power so you don't have to push things to the edge.

Ok great, do you suggest a jet works on the factory pipe also? I ordered one for rossier curious if effective on this setup also

In theory it makes sense but I don't think it really needs it. Nobody used too run them. I think the 717 exhaust clears out better on it's own at low rpm.

I actually have a friend with a 720 spx so we are actually going to swap fpp to each other so I have the hx pipe and he has the spx pipe. He also ordered a set of gsx carbs but they came without choke plates highs set to 1 lows set to 2. Stock jetting how much if at all should I adjust jets to compensate for the plates being removed

Last edited by a moderator:
I would leave the stock jetting and start the lows at 1 and 1/4 turn out from closed and the highs open just a quarter.

Only the chambers need to be swapped. The rest of the 717 Factory Pipe kit was the same.

Ok my hx has the factory pipe installed everything seems to run good in test tank I'm going to try get it out next week for some real lake time ...

The friend that put the pipe on his spx wants to use factory pipe with kn filter pods . He has the 800 carbs already 800 gsx jetted, would you suggest against this and keep stock intake or can I go ahead and jet it lower pop off low 20s with 2.0 seat and put 75 pilots in it and still be safe ?

With lower pop off and the low speed adjusters out a turn and a half or better you should not have to swap out the low speed jets for larger ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back