Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All,

I bought a 1993 Seadoo GTX as a little toy for the summer. I've had it out on the lake a handful of times, runs well and starts up fine. The steering is a little tighter than I expected.

When I was cleaning it today I noticed these wires coming out the back by the propeller... Any idea of what its used for? Reverse? Water pump? Steering? etc..

Do I just tape them back together? Looking like they were connected to each other before poorly...

Thanks for the help!

Luke

Attachments

• seadoo 3.jpg
    seadoo 3.jpg
    304 KB · Views: 16
  • seadoo 4.jpg
    seadoo 4.jpg
    225.1 KB · Views: 16
That is for the speed sensor, they connected to that little black plastic paddlewheel.

That is for the speed sensor, they connected to that little black plastic paddlewheel.
Thanks Mikidymac - explains why the speed gauge doesn't work lol - the fuel guage malfunction I'm sure is another problem haha!

Do both the wires shown in the picture have to connect to the paddlewheel? the top one looks short in length.

Not sure how to connect 1 or both those wires to it?

Thanks!

Luke

you can replace the paddle wheel with a GPS sensor now. if you want a working speedo - that's your best option and I believe in the same ballpark price anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back